lan turtle 3g factory reset

mule

I have just gotten my LAN Turtle 3G. I hooked it up, did the firmware update and now all it will do is show the green power light (via Ethernet port) and the amber light flashes 3 times and then repeats forever. I opened up my LAN Turtle 3G to do a factory reset, but can't locate a button. Any ideas?

lanturtle3g_back_1232018.jpg

13 hours ago, mule said:

I have just gotten my LAN Turtle 3G. I hooked it up, did the firmware update and now all it will do is show the green power light (via Ethernet port) and the amber light flashes 3 times and then repeats forever. I opened up my LAN Turtle 3G to do a factory reset, but can't locate a button. Any ideas?

Forthe LT-3G its on the top of the board, the button is different style to the old standard button.

6krEhLJ.jpg

Thanks. I found it. Factory Reset has been done, but now I can't update to the latest firmware. I keep getting the error below:

image.png.bad3f88bb53bca279ba5c17555316eb0.png

I downloaded turtle-5.bin from HAK5 and did a sysupgrade -n /tmp/turtle-5.bin manually and that seems to have the 3g modem settings, but doesn't have the features that the firmware I updated to yesterday has.  

image.png.b5f6cf2fdf21bdab82c2fbc7992b78ab.png

I have the exact same problem and have found that firmware turtle-3.bin will function as I expect.

I also have the Lan Turtle 3G which was purchased about a week ago. I had to do the factory reset to get back to the working firmware and suspect that version was in the device when it arrived. I followed the instructions and upgraded the firmware which is where the Lan Turtle became useless.

Why would turtle-4.bin and turtle-5.bin not work? What changed in them?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:43 PM, wytshadow said:

I can also confirm my Lan Turtle 3G only works turtle-3.bin. Is this a known issue for the LT3G?

grr in the same boat and the reset button broke on my turtle so stuck in turtle-5.bin can't access the internet with it to get modules.  happy days

Archived