Configurations not saving.

Varean

Hello, I recently got my Wifi pineapple nano. I have it set up with a 128GB micro sd card. every time I reboot it deletes all of my previous configurations. I have to reformat my sd card, reinstall all my modules, and go back through and change my settings again. I factory reset my Pineapple and i'm still getting this issue. 

@Varean

It's not a solution but (if you haven't already) it may be wise to check first if the SD card doesn't like the nano or vice versa by trying a different SD card. I ask as when I got mine I had an issue with the SD card like you. I went through the reflashing / resetting stuff and then thought I'd try changing the card over. It's still in it today and I have never had any problems with it. They were both SanDisk Ultras (first was 64GB, second was 8GB)so it wasn't a brand thing. Also I think that since then I haven't used anything but the format utility in the nano itself either.

38 minutes ago, aethernaut said:

@Varean

It's not a solution but (if you haven't already) it may be wise to check first if the SD card doesn't like the nano or vice versa by trying a different SD card. I ask as when I got mine I had an issue with the SD card like you. I went through the reflashing / resetting stuff and then thought I'd try changing the card over. It's still in it today and I have never had any problems with it. They were both SanDisk Ultras (first was 64GB, second was 8GB)so it wasn't a brand thing. Also I think that since then I haven't used anything but the format utility in the nano itself either.

I use a Sandisk Ultra 8gb with no issue. I don't know if there is a size limit on SDcards used in the Nano or not. One thing that comes to mind is that the Nano HATES SDcards formatted in Windows10. I formatted my Nano SDcard on my RPI running Kali Linux. No issues at all since.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:36 PM, bad2da said:

What does your CPU consumption look like during this period?

Problem was resolved after viewing top. CPU consumption is actually only around 17% when running just PineAP. It pegs at 100% in the dashboard when it include Idle load of around 60-65%. The "overheating" (60c-70c) seemed to happen running from my Powered USB3.0 hub. It wasn't providing enough power (4.91v drawing 300ma) From the USB3.0 connected to my PC mainboard I get a full 5.05V drawing 300ma. Temps are lower too at around 50c. The heating doesn't appear to affect the Nano operation at all. It seems to work even better on the USB power brick provided in the Nano Tactical kit.

Archived