Step By Step Instructions

geno1hacker

Is there any step-by-step instructions on setting up C2?  It can be very confusing and reading the thread makes it more confusing.

1. If you are running on Windows and double click nothing happens.

2. When you go to the command prompt and run a command line it wants a host name or IP address.  What IP address should I be using?  If it is a Cloud shouldn't I be using your IP address?

3. When you talk about a host name should I be using one of my servers?  I'm confused on this.

9 hours ago, geno1hacker said:

1. If you are running on Windows and double click nothing happens.

Nothing happens because the binary requires some command line arguments to run. If you specify none (which you are doing by simply double clicking) then it will instantly exit.

9 hours ago, geno1hacker said:

2. When you go to the command prompt and run a command line it wants a host name or IP address.  What IP address should I be using?  If it is a Cloud shouldn't I be using your IP address?

The Cloud C2 is designed to be ran on your own infrastructure. You can spin up a DigitalOcean VPS or a AWS instance to host your C2 on, etc. The IP address or hostname would be that of your own server.

Hello geno1hacker,

If you are using windows Open a command Prompt. 

using command prompt navigate to your C2 .exe download --> (Example) cd c:\users\user\documents\c2\ 

Now just run the command below.

c2_community-windows-64.exe  -hostname example.com  -listenport 80

your server should be up and running. 

Verify by going to localhost on your browser. 

to view all available options just type the name of the .exe 

c2_community-windows-64.exe.

Xavious! Thanks for all your help and useful input. Those of us with mind reading skills really enjoy your insights. In 31 years of IT and Network administration I've known many folks like yourself. Fired every single one of them.

X:\Downloads\c2-1.1.1_community\c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname 10.0.0.1 -listenport 80
Where -hostname can equal your gateway on your network or an actual URL. _listenport for browser in this case

If all goes well you should see something like this:

X:\Users\You>X:\Downloads\c2-1.1.1_community\c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname 10.0.0.1 -listenport 80
[*] Initializing Hak5 Cloud C2
[*] Initial setup detected. Setup token: UXXX-MXXX-CXXX-BXXX
[*] Running Hak5 Cloud C2

Go to your browser and type "localhost" without quotes, follow the prompts to register and login.

You'll need the Setup token and the license key to complete the process.

Hope this helps

10 hours ago, nastyolbstrd said:

Xavious! Thanks for all your help and useful input. Those of us with mind reading skills really enjoy your insights. In 31 years of IT and Network administration I've known many folks like yourself. Fired every single one of them.

So you're saying you terminate employees for suggesting that someone gets a basic foundation of networking and OS usage, prior to setting up a web server that's specific for C2? I'm curious, what exactly was so bad about what I wrote? Was it not kind enough? 🙂

Xavius, still baffled, says " So you're saying you terminate employees for suggesting that someone gets a basic foundation of networking and OS usage, prior to setting up a web server that's specific for C2? I'm curious, what exactly was so bad about what I wrote? Was it not kind enough? 🙂 "

Xavius, you went straight to the Rude and didn't offer any kind of help or suggestion. Being rude to clients is a great way to not have any clients. The fact that escapes you says volumes. Poor leadership leads to poor morale. Being rude and dismissive to colleagues is a great way to sewer morale in the work environment. I've had as many as 100 technicians and engineers of varying skill levels working with me. If someone is willing to learn, and is coachable, I'll spend as much time as is needed to get them up to speed. I expect the same thing from ALL of my engineers as well. Your attitude is your best asset or worst liability. When someone is Neither trainable or coachable and is dismissive and rude to Clients and/or co workers? You're Gone like Pizza on Friday Sport!

On 11/23/2018 at 7:54 AM, Barttom William said:

@nastyolbstrd

I try your instructions and use gateway and 80. Hak c2 is awesome as looks like my router settings page. where do I enter the pass code?

When the initial screen comes up it asks for Both the Token and License Key. just cut and paste the Token from the registration email and then enter the License key. You should then be on the main screen.

K so... Ran "c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname localhost -listenport 80" and saw the token, got distracted, closed the window and now have come back to play but now when running the same command it just hangs at

Server is running on localhost, I can get to the initial setup page but have lost the token... any way to reset this to get the token back so I can move forward with the initial setup of C2?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, kirkmunn said:

K so... Ran "c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname localhost -listenport 80" and saw the token, got distracted, closed the window and now have come back to play but now when running the same command it just hangs at

Server is running on localhost, I can get to the initial setup page but have lost the token... any way to reset this to get the token back so I can move forward with the initial setup of C2?

Thanks in advance

Simply delete your database file (c2.db) and re-run the command.

This will generate a new setup token for you. In the future we'll have it print a token until setup had been completed.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, nastyolbstrd said:

X:\Downloads\c2-1.1.1_community\c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname 10.0.0.1 -listenport 80
Where -hostname can equal your gateway on your network or an actual URL. _listenport for browser in this case

If all goes well you should see something like this:

X:\Users\You>X:\Downloads\c2-1.1.1_community\c2_community-windows-64.exe -hostname 10.0.0.1 -listenport 80
[*] Initial setup detected. Setup token: UXXX-MXXX-CXXX-BXXX

Go to your browser and type "localhost" without quotes, follow the prompts to register and login.

You'll need the Setup token and the license key to complete the process.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for presenting the instructions in layman language. I am a medical professional and dont know much about IT, but i just bought pineapple nano and wanted to learn a lil bit about computers and IT. I was a lil bit afraid to ask questions in the forum because of my limited knowledge in IT. But because of people like you i think i can shed my fears and learn with more enthusiasm and optimism. 

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

OK, then set it up as a Windows service. Note though that the C2 Windows binary most likely is a "non-service" binary which needs some extra steps to make it run as a service (compared to executable files that are designed to run as services).

• 1 year later...

I have bought and been keeping track of Hak5 for so many years. Yet I have never checked out the community for some reason. I decided to check out some forum topics checked out the OPs question. Great response from others except the dude being negative and going way off topic. Really great, talk about concise answering and making a lesson of it. Wow I'm deffinately going to be going through these forums a lot, as far as having a question it's way better then finding a you tube video or straight up class video. So koodos to the community and the people who responded to the topic. Anyone can learn these things which teach skills super important in everything not just "IT". I believe it should be required through all of education. Community is there to keep people engaged and not giving up over things that seem extremely complicated but so simple it will always push society forward and lessen giving up attitudes. Just wanted to post that here I'm off topic but compliments to Hak5 & community. Posted or not.

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 5:07 AM, xavius said:

I can't believe you're really asking those questions. You need to just get the extreme basics down on networking and basic OS usage before you even begin to use this.

!! Wow, the patience and understanding that you posses is mind blowing.... If you are not a school teacher, you should be!!

I consider myself very adept at computer science, programming, hardware, etc, just enough to make me dangerous .I have just entered the field of pen-testing and network security. Even with a good background I have found myself confused by the C2 setup process.  With a lot of studying, dedicated practice, and a little luck, I hope I can rise to a level that of xavius.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.

I've been excited and challenged by this technology and the teachings.over the past 2 months I have procured just about every product Hak5 offers, with plans to get the rest in weeks to come. I have so many questions and comments to share and as I read over some of the postings, to make sure that I wasn't going to ask the same questions as another person and that already had an answered, this was the third or fourth comment that I run across somebody acting like they are the God of networking and security. It's quite a turn off. I think I'll just save my questions and look elsewhere. Best of luck to you all.

xavius, ill be  awaiting impatientlhy for your response, but hear me now, I will not respond,  I will sit back in Hopes that you will continue to make an absolute fool of yourself.

geno1hacker  I would be stoked to share any answers or knowledged that I have picked up in the short bit of time. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions comments or just fun time good vibez

Archived