Crunch password list

undersc0re

• 1 month later...
On December 2, 2018 at 9:28 PM, i8igmac said:

This is what I was looking for 0MGSM24@@@@@ mix upper alpha numeric using a 1070ti to crack....Thx for all the help, just did that and then 0MGSM25@@@@@ and 0MGSM26@@@@@ and then just combined the 3 files together into one. Using crunch in windows and then hashcat in windows....I can no longer use kali with my usb persistence stick as it does not agree with my nvidia card!

("0".."9").to_a+("a".."z").to_a+("A".."Z").to_a.permutation(6).each{|x| puts("0MGSM2"+x.join) }

save this one liner as file.rb.

test Run it like the 2 commamds below.

Ruby file.rb 

or

ruby file.rb > OMGA.list

here is a modified version that for speed will save to a file.

g=File.new("OGSM.list", +a)

("0".."9").to_a+("a".."z").to_a+("A".."Z").to_a.permutation(6).each{|x| f.puts("0MGSM2"+x.join) }

f.close

The above should be quicker then the console method . But I haven't tested to confirm this...

there is no output for this method but you should expect to see something like this in your OSGM.list

Expected output 

0MGSM0ABHXIN
0MGSM9ABHXIO
0MGSM8ABHXIP
0MGSM7ABHXIQ
0MGSM6ABHXIR
0MGSM5ABHXIS
0MGSM4ABHXIT
0MGSM3ABHXIU
0MGSM2ABHXIV
0MGSM1ABHXIW

crunch 12 12 "0987654321abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV" -t 0MGSM2%@@@@@

This should work for your crunch command. Its 79 gigs.

% = 0-9

@= a-z A-Z 0-9

And this one below is 4 gigs and maybe what your looking for.

crunch 12 12 "0987654321ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV" -t 0MGSM2%@@@@@

• 2 years later...

hi guys, eager beginner here and using kali on my vbox and on the subject of crunch and hydra. i cant seem to save my password list files on my kali vbox desktop like others are doing on youtube and its so frustrating. ive been looking for answers everywhere and ive copped alot of harsh comments yet i still search and search for someone to shed some light on my dilemma.                                    my name on my vbox is kali@kali.

im trying for example: 

crunch 5 5 jason -o kali/Desktop/crunch.txt  and its coming up no such directory. please help guys id appreciate it a whole lot. thankyou

• 5 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, bringsmesomuchjoy said:

hi guys, eager beginner here and using kali on my vbox and on the subject of crunch and hydra. i cant seem to save my password list files on my kali vbox desktop like others are doing on youtube and its so frustrating. ive been looking for answers everywhere and ive copped alot of harsh comments yet i still search and search for someone to shed some light on my dilemma.                                    my name on my vbox is kali@kali.

im trying for example: 

crunch 5 5 jason -o kali/Desktop/crunch.txt  and its coming up no such directory. please help guys id appreciate it a whole lot. thankyou

Hey not sure but maybe it's because you're not root? like if you 1st try: sudo su then confirm the password.

Then when you want to view the file, make sure you're in the same location.

So like mine defaults to /home/kali

So say if I ran crunch 5 5 jason -o crunch.txt it would save the file to location /home/kali

Next if I typed ls -l afterward it would show the files in that location (/home/kali) and the permissions of these files. 

Hope that helps a little.

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, bringsmesomuchjoy said:

im trying for example: 

you are not current directory. there is no kali folder where you are.

if you run "ls" you see you not find kali folder xD

try crunch 5 5 jason -o /kali/Desktop/crunch.txt

or its propably

crunch 5 5 jason -o /home/kali/Desktop/crunch.txt

or if you are in /home/kali folder allready

crunch 5 5 jason -o Desktop/crunch.txt

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, undersc0re said:

I am attempting to make a password file in crunch in one command, I need it to be 12 characters long and always start with 0MGSM2 those first 6 characters always the same and the 7th character always being a random digit and then the last 5 characters are a mix of uppercase letters and or digits random placed. Is there one command to do this in crunch or would I have to make multiple lists and just join them together? I tried to do it from the man page and googling but can not seem to get this one. Thank-you.

asking myself if you had successfully cracked ur .. after 7 years 

🤷🏿‍♂️