How does the recon page know when it’s in the background?

Forkish

tl;dr: Can I change the recon status bar allowing me to change focus to different tabs or windows and continue the scan?

I enjoy the recon module but it’s my nemesis when it comes to mobile multi-tasking.

This thing is great when you’ve got minor chores to do and want a deep scan. Scan for 10 minutes and then off to do the dishes.

When the status bar pauses when I change tabs, does the scan stop also? or is it cosmetics only? How can I alter it?

I’ve wanted to ask about it for years. It’s perplexing and beautiful, teasing yet forceful. I find myself stuck in my head for the duration of the scan. I’m negatively affected for the first half; ‘God damnit! stuck here for 5 minutes, mocked by a status bar’.

Time makes fools of us all though. ~3 minutes into it and I’m practically giddy with excitement.

3 hours ago, Spoonish said:

tl;dr: Can I change the recon status bar allowing me to change focus to different tabs or windows and continue the scan?

I enjoy the recon module but it’s my nemesis when it comes to mobile multi-tasking.

This thing is great when you’ve got minor chores to do and want a deep scan. Scan for 10 minutes and then off to do the dishes.

When the status bar pauses when I change tabs, does the scan stop also? or is it cosmetics only? How can I alter it?

I’ve wanted to ask about it for years. It’s perplexing and beautiful, teasing yet forceful. I find myself stuck in my head for the duration of the scan. I’m negatively affected for the first half; ‘God damnit! stuck here for 5 minutes, mocked by a status bar’.

Time makes fools of us all though. ~3 minutes into it and I’m practically giddy with excitement.

You can navigate around as you please, recon scans will continue in the background and show you results when you get back to the recon module.

Archived