Bash Bunny USB lid/cap

Gh0stRunner

The Bunny looks a bit too "custom" for you to be able to find one off the shelf.

However, if you're looking for just a dust cap type cover you can pick up 10 on eBay for 99p.

If you are looking for a full cover to protect against shearing off the plug you would likely have to make one. It would have to cover the USB A but also probably lip over the edge of the Bunny itself so as to give a bit of shear protection. There is a plastic lip around the base of the USB plug on the Bunny but I doubt that using that to support a cap would offer any greater protection against a clout heavy enough to harm the USB plug.

Personally, I got some Shadow Foam and fitted out a toolbox to store all my wi-fi / HAK5 stuff when not in use. It's just to stop everything rattling around and smashing into everything else.

I bought an rtl-sdr like the one in the hak shop ($20ish)  and it had a lid on the usb and i took it off and use it on my bash bunny now.  Same with a TP-Link wn722 with a cap on it, fits the same but the sdr one is perfect for the bunny being black and fits very well with the outside dimensions of the bunny itself.  Almost looks like it was made for it.

4 hours ago, aethernaut said:

The Bunny looks a bit too "custom" for you to be able to find one off the shelf.

However, if you're looking for just a dust cap type cover you can pick up 10 on eBay for 99p.

If you are looking for a full cover to protect against shearing off the plug you would likely have to make one. It would have to cover the USB A but also probably lip over the edge of the Bunny itself so as to give a bit of shear protection. There is a plastic lip around the base of the USB plug on the Bunny but I doubt that using that to support a cap would offer any greater protection against a clout heavy enough to harm the USB plug.

Personally, I got some Shadow Foam and fitted out a toolbox to store all my wi-fi / HAK5 stuff when not in use. It's just to stop everything rattling around and smashing into everything else.

Thanks mate! a tiny cap will do just fine!

+Edit because I wanted to be alerted of replies.

This was the first concern of mine when I got my Wifi Pineapple.  Then I got my bunny and I really needed on.  Anyways I have 2   They were about $16 on amazon.  These devices I have are small and are often in my PC anyways and if they aren't there they are in a little zippered hard shell case with a soft inner lining from Anker.  It came with something I got with a different purchase, but I honestly don't know which of the many Anker items it came with. haha

This Mouse Jiggler will keep your PC from shutting off its screen.  I used the software version for years and still do, but this device can also be programmed which has been helpful in the past.  I still use the software version on personal PCs as my lovely security team made it where once the processes is started it will shutdown 3 sec later.  I found a work around, BUT having this item because it's programmable is extremely handy.

Take a look at it.  I believe this is what you're looking for based on how I understood your question above.  I have one on my Bunny and Pineapple Nano when they aren't plugged in.  The other route I found was to buy them from China but you had to buy A LOT!  I wonder if anyone from Hak5 might read this.  Chances not, but I hope.  The covers themselves are crazy crazy cheap from China and they are the same thing you find on these devices.  How cool would it be if Hak5 provided one of these with tools that could utilize them.  Maybe with Hak5 on the cover.

Literally China were selling them for like 58 cents, but you had to buy hundreds in order to purchase any at all.  It was cheaper and easier to buy a second jiggle (as I already had one.

I hope this helps!  Take a look at the amazon link below.  Not only is the tool SUPER handy, but with the ability to program it you can do some interesting things.  Suck part is it doesn't have much additional space for very long large payloads commands.

https://www.amazon.com/WiebeTech-Programmable-Mouse-Jiggler-MJ-3/dp/B00MTZY7Y4/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_1/144-3015348-5832104?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6X1AMPN2AHQT5AKW9N60

After you look would you let me know if this is what you're taking about?  As if this isn't what you're looking for I might be able to find something else.

Take care dude!

I was pretty stubborn about having a cap that looked like it belonged to the Bash Bunny.  When I got mine, I went through the effort of designing a cap that actually fit the odd curve.  Created it in OpenSCAD, so you can turn the bunny ears on and off if you need a more professional look.

Here a link to the model:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3185728

On 10/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, DocDizzy said:

+Edit because I wanted to be alerted of replies.

This was the first concern of mine when I got my Wifi Pineapple.  Then I got my bunny and I really needed on.  Anyways I have 2   They were about $16 on amazon.  These devices I have are small and are often in my PC anyways and if they aren't there they are in a little zippered hard shell case with a soft inner lining from Anker.  It came with something I got with a different purchase, but I honestly don't know which of the many Anker items it came with. haha

This Mouse Jiggler will keep your PC from shutting off its screen.  I used the software version for years and still do, but this device can also be programmed which has been helpful in the past.  I still use the software version on personal PCs as my lovely security team made it where once the processes is started it will shutdown 3 sec later.  I found a work around, BUT having this item because it's programmable is extremely handy.

Take a look at it.  I believe this is what you're looking for based on how I understood your question above.  I have one on my Bunny and Pineapple Nano when they aren't plugged in.  The other route I found was to buy them from China but you had to buy A LOT!  I wonder if anyone from Hak5 might read this.  Chances not, but I hope.  The covers themselves are crazy crazy cheap from China and they are the same thing you find on these devices.  How cool would it be if Hak5 provided one of these with tools that could utilize them.  Maybe with Hak5 on the cover.

Literally China were selling them for like 58 cents, but you had to buy hundreds in order to purchase any at all.  It was cheaper and easier to buy a second jiggle (as I already had one.

I hope this helps!  Take a look at the amazon link below.  Not only is the tool SUPER handy, but with the ability to program it you can do some interesting things.  Suck part is it doesn't have much additional space for very long large payloads commands.

https://www.amazon.com/WiebeTech-Programmable-Mouse-Jiggler-MJ-3/dp/B00MTZY7Y4/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_1/144-3015348-5832104?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6X1AMPN2AHQT5AKW9N60

After you look would you let me know if this is what you're taking about?  As if this isn't what you're looking for I might be able to find something else.

Take care dude!

"Suck part is it doesn't have much additional space for very long large payloads commands" -- don't think its that big of an issue tbh since many of the good payloads dont take too much space unless of course you are deploying it for several hrs to gather large streams of packets which you can just as well use the Pineapple for that with its expandable Micro SD card. Many of the backdoor payloads for the Bunny don't require very large disk space.

That being said it's surprising they haven't made it similar to the Pineapple with a Micro SD card slot. Perhaps the next Bunny successor might have expandable storage. You can suggest it on the forum, make a thread and see the feedback. I'm willing to bet most ppl would be joining this movement too ?

Archived