DVD Title Screens

W4RP3D

I got a new TV for Christmas with a built in DVD player, which i hooked up to a pc so I can watch movies and music through it. After using it for a few days im starting to get a bit cheesed off with turning the pc on and waiting for it to start up ever time i want to listen to some mp3's. Then it hit me that I could burn a DVD with a tonne of mp3s on it.

The question i put to you guys is: do you know of any free software which i can create a title screen/menu for the DVD so i can browse it easily. (ive tried google but didn't come up with anything)

Nero 7

Edit:

Shit freeware lol, umm u could get the nero7 trial ^_^.

lol pretty much and DVD authring soft will allow u to add Mp3's as tracks, which then allow for a menu to be created (all good Authering soft have a menu creater) umm its late and im a little tipsy so ill look for a freeware version later in the morning for u.

im assuming windows XP?

I never used a DVD for audio before myself. Does the DVD player explicitly state it supports it? If it does, it's nothing more than writing all your MP3s to the disk for a regular data DVD. You might want to read up on what quality the DVD player will accept. I've been told that 192 kb/s CBR MP3 are the highest quality that is pretty much guaranteed to play on anything. Everything higher might cause some hardware to barf on it. YMMV.

If the DVD player will do mp3 than just copy the mp3 files over to dvdr and let it do the menuing. Trust me you dont want to get into building a menu from scratch, and even then you'll be encoding mp3 files to pcm audio on the disc and wont be able to hold nearly as many tracks.