PineAP only completely works with Firmware 2.0.2

bradleyj

I recently upgraded my firmware to the latest 2.4, and since then PineAP no longer functions. It does not capture SSIDs, and obviously it does not broadcast.

I've been troubleshooting this, and I've discovered that by rolling the firmware back a few generations, it will capture SSIDs, but still not broadcast.

It was only when rolled all the way back to 2.0.2 that PineAP would log SSIDs, and also broadcast.

I'm assuming this can't be a hardware issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue for me.  SSID list never grows.  I can see SSID's in Recon but nothing in PineAP SSID window nor any Dashboard stats.  Default back to shipping firmware then back to 2.4.1

Filters are set to deny.

Checked permissions on the /etc/pineapple and look good and even tried changing to a different pool location.  

Still nada.

Same problem here. Cycled through all relevant  settings (even if they made no sense to change), did firmware reset twice... nada. PineAP is blind.

Update:  Problem disappeared. Switched out antennas, did another reset, reboot to make sure settings were persistant, suddenly started working again. Go figure.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, Captain Learjet said:

Same issue for me.  SSID list never grows.  I can see SSID's in Recon but nothing in PineAP SSID window nor any Dashboard stats.  Default back to shipping firmware then back to 2.4.1

Filters are set to deny.

Checked permissions on the /etc/pineapple and look good and even tried changing to a different pool location.  

Still n./

Found a possible workaround...

I set the PIneAP to Autostart on boot. 

For whatever reason, I am now collecting and broadcasting SSID's!  I verified by setting it back to Disable for the autostart and the problem returned...

Archived