Issue With BB

Spectre32787

I am having a problem with my BB that I cannot find any support for.

I have not done a whole lot with my bunny since i purchased it last year just because I was still learning to script.  Now I am in a position where using the bunny will actually help me.  Whenever I plug it into my laptop I get a notification that there is a problem with my device.  I have updated the firmware to 1.5, ran the updater, etc.  I tried restoring the device and nothing helps.  I have no idea how to reset this device and get it to function right and could use some advice.

I am using windows 10 for my host laptop

• 1 month later...
On Sun Sep 30 2018 at 7:59 AM, Spectre32787 said:

I am having a problem with my BB that I cannot find any support for.

I have not done a whole lot with my bunny since i purchased it last year just because I was still learning to script.  Now I am in a position where using the bunny will actually help me.  Whenever I plug it into my laptop I get a notification that there is a problem with my device.  I have updated the firmware to 1.5, ran the updater, etc.  I tried restoring the device and nothing helps.  I have no idea how to reset this device and get it to function right and could use some advice.

I am using windows 10 for my host laptop

Did u try with Linux like fedora or Ubuntu ?

• 2 weeks later...

Run the chkdsk utility on the drive. Refer to any USB with this problem on Windows.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess the only big question is after all your work what state is the BB in now?  I assume you can SSH in.  is there a version txt on root that tells you what firmware version you are on?  Also, are the switch partitions working right?  I do know usually when you reflash the payloads.txt for all the switch positions reset to mimic arming mode sometimes so if you are seeing that, that could be your cause.

Ultimately, if you can SSH in but the udisk (partition that holds payloads in USB mode) is all screwed then there is a procedure from SSH to rebuild that partition believe it is "udisk reformat".  That will rebuild the udisk.

Archived