Alfa wireless adapters for Nano

Gh0stRunner

2 hours ago, cryptoxhanger said:

So you have to get a extra wifi connection to get nano to work right as in use pine ap and keep clients connected to internet 

A lot of clients do connectivity checks, so you can keep more connections by offering internet. Its not required for PineAP so to speak. USB port can also be used for GPS, 3/4G modem & RTL-SDR etc.

2 hours ago, cryptoxhanger said:

Do the above 2 alfa ones comparable in kali on a go stream 14 notebook

I know the AWUS036NEH  works out of the box, no drivers needed since most Kali images are built with Alfas in mind because of the RealTek chipset. Havent yet tested AWUS036AC , on the box it says Linux kernel >= 2.4 so I assume it would work with Kali. Some users had issues with AWUS036AC in Ubuntu but can't remember which version of Ubuntu that was.. Linux keeps evolving at a rapid rate so chances are compatibility issues will become a thing of the past ?

9'm so mad I order some old pos dongle I seen online that others are useing but won't be here for another week and I've been trying to get my pineapple up and running for over a week and I seen this belkin use wifi N300 adapter tonight at the checkout at Wal-Mart reduced for 12.99 but it is only for windows but that just my luck is there anything special I need to do with the wifi dongle when I get it or I just plug it into my computer and get internet connection to it and then plug it into my pineapple and does the pineapple tetra have to do the same to have connetion for clients or no

Archived