WRT Front-end Design

Dave-ee Jones

Hoi!

So I like designing web front-ends for routers and stuff. I learn a lot from them, especially when I incorporate PHP.

But anyway, here's something I drew up with good ol' MS Paint. Let me know what you think! I haven't finished the Network page (haven't started any of the others - still working on what they should look like). The Network page will probably, eventually, get an administrative services section for configuring DHCP, DNS, SSH etc. etc.

As you can probably tell the design is for an 8P router. More of a corporate/business solution in most cases, but they're quite useful with their port configuration. Currently this design has very minimal port configuration. But I'm thinking about giving it NAS capabilities, so file storage, user management and role-based access etc. As you can see, there is already a bit of that in the design as it is.

This is only a draw-up, none of this is put into HTML/CSS/JS yet.

The colours aren't final, but it's not a bad look. Bit too Windows-tenny for my taste, really, but I might make a theme/colour section to change it up to how the user likes.

Login.png

Network.png

© Copyright Dave-ee Jones 2018

#Copyrighted

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

Ill give you some props here.

I also have been working on a router Front end. Screenshot_20180922-140042.thumb.jpg.231201f1c13427325285c2c59f1bbdcd.jpg

debian based router. Rails server and bootstrap styles. this page shows a live stream of my current wifi signal strength in real time.

I plan to add basic wifi tools for network management and then exploit tools.

Live data stream from console applications is the proof of concept seen in the picture. this is a basic template I made I can now duplicate for other tasks like running reaver for example and see the live data stream at the front end.

• Like 1

I've migrated the login page to HTML. Looks okay, still haven't added any PHP yet. Also forgot the font I used in the OP so it doesn't look quite as good yet, sadly. The font is Segoe UI Semibold, for anyone interested. One of my favourite fonts - it's very clean and looks nice. Unfortunately it's not on all systems so to make the site reliable I have to store the font files on the web server. Works, though.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

Dude, it's gotta be all javascript and flash!  It's just not right unless you have to install fifteen different obsolete plugins just to find it no longer supports Chrome or Firefox, so you have to roll internet exploder back to 9, and still use compatibility mode to configure your router.

54 minutes ago, barry99705 said:

Dude, it's gotta be all javascript and flash!  It's just not right unless you have to install fifteen different obsolete plugins just to find it no longer supports Chrome or Firefox, so you have to roll internet exploder back to 9, and still use compatibility mode to configure your router.

Tell me about it ?

Setting up a camera system the other day it said I needed to install some obscure flash plugin that doesn't exist on Windows (Mac only), however if I launched it in IE it would work fine.

PHP/JS are my go-tos for handling applications - just not a good idea using PHP when there's metric tonnes of clients with their own sessions. In this case I'm expecting a maximum of 2. If I integrate my NAS web server then I would probably make it handle 4-6 at a time for a LAN accessible via WAN.

Screenshot_20180924-200806.thumb.png.691fa89bc6eccf5b4220aa220b7262c8.png

Here is what I completed today. I do all my coding from my android phone to a remote server from when I'm sitting in 2hours of traffic to and from work. (The remote server is my debian router)

Syntax highlighting... its almost sublime text in the browser and android friendly. Sit down at any web browser or phone and start working on your project. I have a slick looking file tree already to go.

This will speed up productivity and eliminate the everyday struggles I experience with only having a phone in my pocket... cheers...

34 minutes ago, i8igmac said:

-snip-

So you wrote a Monokai-styled theme for CodeMirror that's hosted on your home PC or phone? Nice.

CodeMirror does look pretty good. Not a bad idea having a portable code editor that requires no software hosted either on the internet or your phone.

I host a web server on my phone running 'webdj', a web application I wrote. Because of the large amount of storage my phone has I decided to turn it into a pocket NAS so people can download/upload files, watch videos, listen to music, browse images etc. I can just hotspot anywhere and people can watch videos and stuff easily.

I might run a DHCP/DNS server on my phone so people can just browse to 'webdj.com' or something and it goes to my phone's webserver when I'm hotspotting, as when I do hotspot I'll have data off so that clients can't reach the internet. Make it easier for those who aren't familiar with browsing to IPs.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:17 PM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Tell me about it ?

Setting up a camera system the other day it said I needed to install some obscure flash plugin that doesn't exist on Windows (Mac only), however if I launched it in IE it would work fine.

heh, Hikvision?  I deal with that crap all the time lately.  Used to work with Chrome and Firefox, until Google went apeshit over security, then Firefox followed a little bit later.  Still works in IE though!