Race: Animegao Doll

Height: 6'2"

Build: Ladylike

Favourite band: AKB

Favourite book: Kiss Him Not Me

Favourite movie: Robocop (1987)

Favourite director: Tarintino

Favourite TV Show: Better Call Saul

Favourite actor: Ryan Gosling (He's dreamy)

Favourite actress: Karen Gillan (She's Dreamy)

Favourite Pinup: Cici: http://www.kigurumionline.org/gallery/index.php/ImageExtended/1758/

Favourite Comedian: Matt Braunger

Other hobbies: Kigurumi Cosplay, System Building, Shoehorning A pineapple into cosplay

Car: 2004 Toyota Prius

Hello peeps!

I discovered 'hak5.org' a few weeks ago and I've been poking about ever since: there's some very good info on here!

I am (like most, I suspect) using kali as part of my 'tool kit' and I'm also in the process of learning 'C', with the intention of moving on to 'C++' when I feel I've outgrown 'C', with a view to developing one or two my own tools. I know that I'll be 'reinventing the wheel' and my wheel will most likely be square, when compared to the tools that are already out there, but I see it as a learning exercise.

I've just completed my first two exploits: I'm running XP on an old machine as a 'target' and have now generated two exploits that give me remote access. Both are from 'The Hack Today' website, so I really can't claim 'originality', but I did get them to work and I feel that I've learn from the experience. If anyone's interested in what I've done and how I've done it, I'd be happy to elaborate, but maybe for most members, they'll have 'been there, done that, got the T-Shirt'. The two that I've mastered are "Exploit and Backdoor Windows 7,8,10 Bypass Antivirus FUD" and "How To Remotely Install Keylogger on your Girlfriends Computer?". These are not that easy to follow (well, not for me, anyway) so like I say, if anyone's stuck, I'll be happy to share.

I'd like learn how to 'deploy' these with my Rubber Ducky, if anyone can provide some pointers? Maybe that topic has already been covered on here, in which case, I'll find it, as I've in no way finished 'poking about'!

Thanks for a fantastic site! Keep on the good work, and I hope to be able to contribute something of interest ASAP.
:)

My name is Dave AKA Burnout ( surprised that name was available)

Favourite game: Stellaris

Favourite OS: OS X (don't laugh)

Favourite console: n/a

Nationality: US

Accent: Not really?

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Height: 6'4"

Build: Spongy

Favourite band: Varies by mood

Favourite book: American Gods

Favourite author: Neil Gaiman

Favourite movie: The Thing

Favourite director: Guillermo Del Torro

Favourite TV Show: Preacher

Favourite actor: Ben Foster

Favourite actress: 

Favourite Pinup:

Favourite Comedian:

Other hobbies: Writing, Photography, TableTop Gaming

Car: Nissan

My name is David a.k.a Plexus

Favorite game: Witcher 3
Favorite OS: Debian
Favorite console: PC
Nationality: British/ American (Dual citizenship)
Accent: English
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Height: 15"3'
Build: Muscular
Favorite band: Lamb of God
Favorite book: The Cobra Event
Favorite movie: Fight club
Favorite director: Ridley Scott
Favorite TV Show:
Favorite actor: Edward Norton
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite Pinup: Jennifer Lawrence
Favorite Comedian: Francis Boyle
Other hobbies: surfing
Car: one that uses gas sometimes

Hi Hak5'ers

I'm marx engels from Benelux in Europe .I'm a hermetic geek and a curious observer of nature and the social sciences. 

I just got here even though i know this site and project for years , i've been a subscriber to the youtube channel for just as long. Darren seems very passionate, Mubix coolheaded , Pat  informed and Shannon's great smile; ) 

I look forward to reading many informative post and follow up on inquisitive characters .

Namaste 

Hi for all!

So, I'm Russian :) And living in Russia :)

totally spend ~ 21 years in IT field :) a lot time with M$ products... start with MS DOS 3.0...

For now working for myself as independent consult pro for a few customers big and great customers...

Favorite OS is Windows Server NT 4.0 if you remember it. 

have some experience with Unix|Linux...

So about pineapple... I have one (long story... if you know Hak5 is not delivering it t0 a lot of country's but thx my good friends they help me with it... so for now I have tetra tactical edition :) really good stuff for spending time for learning and some time for play around with PineAp and few great modules. Darren for great stuff.

rgds,

Xela

upd1 pls dont be angry with my English

upd2 pls dont be angry with my stupid questions :)

My name is Hao Jie

Favourite game: According to steam, Dota 2

Favourite OS: Debian

Favourite console: PC

Nationality: Singaporean

Accent: Singapore accent (Created from a mixture of Chinese, Malays, and Indians accent). You can YouTube for it, but let me warn you it doesn't sound pleasant.

Race: Chinese

Height: -

Build: Average

Favourite band: (I am more towards EDM and rap music)

Favourite book: Hacking: The Art of Exploitation (The 1st book I read years ago that moved me from a script kiddie to someone working to be a hacker one day)

Favourite movie: Any action movie is fine for me

Favourite director: -

Favourite TV Show: Scorpion

Favourite actor: -

Favourite actress: -

Favourite Pinup: -

Favourite Comedian: -

Other hobbies: Taekwondo, a bit of MMA in boxing and BJJ, photography (architecture, street, model shoots), and I plays the rhythmic guitar.

Car:  -

Occupation: Student, Computer Science. I have a start-up that builds business application for companies.

Hi Guys my name is holy toast but you can just call me toast (don't really want to give my real name sorry)

Favourite game: Minesweeper
Favourite OS: MacOS 
Favourite console: PS4 
Nationality: British
Accent: English (Yorkshire)
Race: White
Height: 6"0'
Build: Average
Favourite band: Royal Blood
Favourite book: Anything with pictures
Favourite author: anyone who puts pictures in there book :P 
Favourite movie: Hot Fuzz
Favourite director: Kubrick
Favourite TV Show: Brooklyn 99 
Favourite actor: Micheal Cera
Favourite actress: Emma Roberts
Favourite Pinup: Hayley Williams
Favourite Comedian: Andy Samberg
Other hobbies: Running, Watching Youtube. 
Car: Ford Focus

I went Mountaineering at Mount Kilimanjaro and there I met a guy named Chang Su. He and I ate Chow Mein on our first checkpoint ascending. And while it was a bad idea, it just clicked with me. And now I am a chef specializing in Chinese Cuisine for 7 years now. So, that's me.

kesmit is completely in the right here. I already have some regrets about using my old, often used email, I may delete it. Unlike most people here, I don't game: no consoles, not much in the way of PC games. I don't think any other info is relevant here.

My name is Pete a.k.a !#pntstr 

Favourite game: GranTurismo 
Favourite OS: Debian 
Favourite console: PS4
Nationality: American
Accent: Puerto Rican 
Race: Hispanic 
Height: 6"4'
Build: so-so 
Favourite band: Metallica
Favourite book: Cronica de una muerte anunciada
Favourite author: Dan Brown/Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Favourite movie: none
Favourite director: none 
Favourite TV Show: Mr Robot
Favourite actor: none 
Favourite actress: Jennifer Aniston 
Favourite Pinup: Jennifer Aniston 
Favourite Comedian: Lewis Black
Other hobbies: Harley rider 
Car: 14 Sonata Turbo, 07 Harley Fatboy and 01 Honda CBR929RE

High tide I put my details up.

Name: Dave-ee
Last name: Jones
Company: Dave-ee Jones' Crew
Age: Disregarded my age when I was chosen to be the Captain of the Flying Dutchman (long forgotten)
Height: Fairly tall, but then again as a Captain I need to be intimidatingly tall

Thats all ye get. Wouldn't want a bunch of pirates poking their swords in the wrong place.

My name is Tim Tapio

Favorite game: Not a gamer but did just purchase a PS4 with several Black Ops that I am clueless to play. I picked up Farming Simulator though, hopefully that will be something I can handle. Minecraft was a bit beyond me as well (I went to a small school)

Favorite OS: DOS 5.0 or Win 95, working on Ubuntu and Kali though, do I get points for that? Putting Kali on a Raspberry Pi, Black Arch also...

Favorite console: PS4 because that is what I have.

Nationality: US

Accent: Generic with a proliferation of sarcasm...formerly well versed in using "F" word

Age: From before rocks were formed...is there an age limit here? I am approaching senile senior citizen status (or maybe I passed it and forgot?)

Race: White American

Height: 5' 10"

Build: Typical balding, overweight with stomach hanging over belt (was told 20 years ago I had that "dad" look)....

Favorite band: Tends to change...Beatles, Early Bee Gees (no disco please), Eagles, even Nickleback (If Today Was Your Last Day), Disturbed with "Sound of Silence" cover. U2, Midnite Oil...I think that's enough to start...favorite music era is late 60s...well, maybe not late, some 64 through 69 (a very good year I'm told)

Favorite book: Atlas Shrugged   I'm a true capitalist. Very conservative however, will listen to differing opinions if you extend the same courtesy to me.

Favorite author: Ayn Rand

Favorite movie: American Graffiti

Favorite director: Ron Howard (because he's the only one I can remember)

Favorite TV Show: I don't watch it

Favorite actor: Clint Eastwood

Favorite actress: Donna Douglas/Barbara Eden

Favorite Pinup: Never got her name and never saw her face

Favorite Comedian: Jeff Foxworthy

Other hobbies: Ham radio, beekeeping, sleeping with dogs, napping with dogs, reading, hunting, eating

Car: 2015 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty 4X4 with 6.7L Powerstroke (does it make me sound macho?) Need to lift it...on 3rd or 4th childhood. Have no use for it...however, I love it.

Occupation: Retired and on a relentless quest for knowledge. Studying cyber security/penetration testing. Currently reading TCP/IP Illustrated (I restart every other day and it's always new material), Cisco ICND-102 (first half of CCNA), Network+, Security+, setting up a Cisco lab...got a couple switches, couple routers. Scored a couple cable box/routers, adding in the aforementioned Raspberry Pi systems, once I have SSH enabled in the Cisco boxes, and the Pi's, will be trying to figure out SSH. Working on learning Ubuntu, got my Pineapple Tetra, want to play some in-house wifi tinkering...have a couple "hidden" APs in the neighborhood that I wish to learn a bit more about. Have a yagi with 15 dbi gain that I want to hook to Tetra to make it very directional (once I get SMA and SMA RP straight in my head)...might purchase a second, common mast....give me 18 dbi (strange how db works, would think get 30 db, also, only a doubling...so 3 db. I think I'm rambling...way too early to be up...

•  
Edited by tapiot
Additional info, rambling comments....

2 hours ago, tapiot said:

My name is Tim Tapio

Build: Typical balding, overweight with stomach hanging over belt

Car: 2015 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty 4X4 with 6.7L Powerstroke (does it make me sound macho?)

Hahaha, overweight guy driving probably the biggest ute (if you can call it a ute, it's more like a glorified truck) known to man. To be fair, most F-250 drivers are large guys (overweight or not).

On 10/5/2017 at 6:17 PM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Hahaha, overweight guy driving probably the biggest ute (if you can call it a ute, it's more like a glorified truck) known to man. To be fair, most F-250 drivers are large guys (overweight or not).

I'm only large in the girth...5'10 and 230...used to look like Charles Atlas (if anyone is old enough to remember him), barrel chest, 6 pack abs. Too many 6 packs, chest sank to stomach. A lot of big guys had those itty bitty VW pickups. I love my truck...will be the last one I own.

12 hours ago, tapiot said:

I'm only large in the girth...5'10 and 230...used to look like Charles Atlas (if anyone is old enough to remember him), barrel chest, 6 pack abs. Too many 6 packs, chest sank to stomach. A lot of big guys had those itty bitty VW pickups. I love my truck...will be the last one I own.

Mmm, must chew like 17L/100 or something like that though? A petrol station must be your second home (unless you've got dual tanks or 1 huge one?).

8 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Mmm, must chew like 17L/100 or something like that though? A petrol station must be your second home (unless you've got dual tanks or 1 huge one?).

Actually not bad....just about same as i was getting with a smaller, gasoline fueled truck (14L/100). Tank isn't as big as I would like (27 gallons US, 102 Liters) but gives about 400 miles (close to 645 kilometers). I had to look up conversions but they are close. The 17L/100 is about what the gas engine gets in an F-250. Not sure where you are...I've been in Stuttgart, DE...I sure would not want me truck there...SMART car makes much more sense.

7 hours ago, graceinc said:

Welcome guyz! I can see most of the people don't mention their favorite books. Why is that so?

Because you're talking to a bunch of geeks with hacking as a hobby and probably haven't read a good book in years.

Haha. :P

My favourite books to read are probably from the author Clive Cussler...(he loves ships, boats and cars)

Edited by Dave-ee Jones