Jump to content

Daemon Won't Enable


Recommended Posts

Heya All, 

 

I have two Wifi Pineapples.  One I obtained at DefCon those year for work, and a second I bought the following week for personal play. ? I've been having some issues with the second. First it seems like it's overheating.  It's not in the tactical case or any other enclosure. It just stops working after scanning for about 15mins. Today I went to use it and the Daemon won't enable for the life of me. Hard rebooting or soft restarts have no impact. Ideas?  I've already reached out to HAK5 a couple times as these new until was missing a few items and I brought up the over heating. I just haven't heard anything back so I thought I'd ask here. 

 

Thanks

DocDizzy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had the same issue. I managed to solve my issue by doing the firmware recovery.

https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq

After you have completed it test the PineAP before you upgrade to the latest firmware. It took me 2 firmware recoveries to solve my issue, the first time I updated to latest firmware straight away and the problem persisted.

Also try doing 'site_survey 15' via SSH before you do the firmware recovery, I was getting a 'pinesniffer not found' error, I'm interested if you get this too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gop12 said:

Also try doing 'site_survey 15' via SSH before you do the firmware recovery, I was getting a 'pinesniffer not found' error, I'm interested if you get this too.

This utility is out of date. The 'pinesniffer' command was removed with the rewrite of PineAP, as scans are now done via the 'pineap' program.

If you'd like to achieve the same thing as the site_survey program, you can do 'pineap /tmp/pineap.conf run_scan 15 0', and then use the dumpscan.php script inside the help module to get the results out of the Recon database:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf run_scan 15 0 > /dev/null 2>&1
sleep 2
scan_id="$(/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf get_status | grep scanID | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,//')"
echo -e "Waiting for scan to finish"
while [ "$(/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf get_status | grep 'scanRunning' | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,//')" == "true" ]; do sleep 1; done
chmod a+x /pineapple/modules/Help/files/dumpscan.php
/pineapple/modules/Help/files/dumpscan.php $scan_id

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, Foxtrot said:

This utility is out of date. The 'pinesniffer' command was removed with the rewrite of PineAP, as scans are now done via the 'pineap' program.

If you'd like to achieve the same thing as the site_survey program, you can do 'pineap /tmp/pineap.conf run_scan 15 0', and then use the dumpscan.php script inside the help module to get the results out of the Recon database:


#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf run_scan 15 0 > /dev/null 2>&1
sleep 2
scan_id="$(/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf get_status | grep scanID | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,//')"
echo -e "Waiting for scan to finish"
while [ "$(/usr/bin/pineap /tmp/pineap.conf get_status | grep 'scanRunning' | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,//')" == "true" ]; do sleep 1; done
chmod a+x /pineapple/modules/Help/files/dumpscan.php
/pineapple/modules/Help/files/dumpscan.php $scan_id

 

@Foxtrot

Thank you, Sir. :)  What I did was the following.

 

1. Firmware Recovery

2. Tested, but Recon was broken due to the firmware not being up to date.

3. Updated firmware by downloading the file manually.  I had to disconnect from my internet device as the IP that had to be navigated to would take me to my router config.

4. Configured TCP/IPv4 back to the :

IP - 172.16.42.42

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Gateway - Match my shared internet connections Gateway.

Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8

 

And done!

 

Thank you so much!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

If you have changed your recon log path to the SD card, you first must make the directory where they will reside. If you put a path in that does not exist, pineap will not start properly. Not sure if this was other peoples issue but it fixed it for me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 10:07 PM, OIFhax said:

If you have changed your recon log path to the SD card, you first must make the directory where they will reside. If you put a path in that does not exist, pineap will not start properly. Not sure if this was other peoples issue but it fixed it for me. 

It works! Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But there is one more problem, it works, but recon can't find no one client or AP, and every time I want to scan, i must first to enable PineAP Daemon, because after every scan it turns off. We bought this product, and we want to support from manufacturer. Factory reset doesn't help at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...