Nano broadcasting a "Starbucks" and "test"

JoviG

Hey I just got my Nano and have been playing around it and noticed that it is constantly broadcasting test and Starbucks secure networks. At first it was adding them to the SSID pool and that would broadcast another two unsecure versions. So I added test and Starbucks SSIDs to the Deny list but there is still the 2 secure ones broadcasted at all times.They are defiantly coming from the pineapple as they disappear when it is unplugged and there is also no Starbucks in my city. Searching the forums I couldn't find any similar problems so sorry if this has been resolved before. Thanks

20 minutes ago, JoviG said:

Hey I just got my Nano and have been playing around it and noticed that it is constantly broadcasting test and Starbucks secure networks. At first it was adding them to the SSID pool and that would broadcast another two unsecure versions. So I added test and Starbucks SSIDs to the Deny list but there is still the 2 secure ones broadcasted at all times.They are defiantly coming from the pineapple as they disappear when it is unplugged and there is also no Starbucks in my city. Searching the forums I couldn't find any similar problems so sorry if this has been resolved before. Thanks

Just an edit* I have done a few factory resets

9 hours ago, JoviG said:

it is constantly broadcasting test and Starbucks secure networks

PineAP does not generally broadcast encrypted SSID's. Maybe you also tried occupineapple? that allows broadcasting of encrypted networks.

If you are mistaken and they are open, then maybe you connected to them with device so that device now beacons for them and maybe PineAP is set to respond to beacon requests?

Other than that you could go for a Firmware recovery instead of a factory reset.

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

PineAP does not generally broadcast encrypted SSID's. .

All modules are turned off, PineAP will broadcast the SSID's iv selected and works fine but the encrypted ones are always there. There is also a SSID that my router used to be called about 6 months ago that is broadcasted alongside the Starbucks and test (My old network name and Starbucks or test are not in the remember list on any devices so NO CLUE on how its broadcasting an old SSID). They appear to only be broadcasted on 5 GHz and are defiantly encrypted and none of my passwords work on them.

2 minutes ago, JoviG said:

They appear to only be broadcasted on 5 GHz and are defiantly encrypted and none of my passwords work on them

The nano is not 5ghz compatible though... so weird.

If you haven't already, update to latest firmware using the Pineapple web GUI. IF you are already on latest version then I would consider doing a firmware recovery making sure to flash the  nano factory version of the firmware not an upgrade version.

If your still seeing these networks after a firmware recovery then i would start looking elsewhere and not the nano. Like i said the nano can't broadcast on 5ghz either so maybe a neighbor has a Tetra or PC with 5ghz comparable card.

5 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

The nano is not 5ghz compatible though... so weird

Really wtf?! The networks vanish the second I disconnect the Pineapple. I will try a firmware recovery thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, JoviG said:

Really wtf?! The networks vanish the second I disconnect the Pineapple. I will try a firmware recovery thanks for your help.

once flashed make sure you update it to the latest version afterwards using the pineapple GUI.

Archived