Jump to content
Zylla

PMKID Attack on WiFi Pineapples

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Zylla said:

Bug should be fixed now!
Uploaded new file, with new version to the repo. v4.2.1-3
Thanks for reporting it!
And please, report back any other errors you encounter! I'll do my best to fix them asap. As always ?

worked! Thanks a Lot!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarcSThe1st said:

worked! Thanks a Lot!!

Anytime! I'm here to help! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note, new version on tetra is backin action and the filters work a treat ? this thing is so, so fast its amazing really. And perfect for the pineapples button script

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zylla said:

I think i know what it is....
The only "bus" in use here is the one where the file is located.
You're using a Nano right? And the test.pcapng file is located on your SD-card?
If you answered YES to those two questions, then please copy/paste the output from dmesg after getting the error.
I'm pretty certain you're experiencing the dreaded "sd-card bug". Where the Nano are having problems with reading/writing to the SD-card.

Under normal Pineapple circumstances we don't notice this bug when it's happening, as the SD-card bus resets so fast.
But software that reads and writes alot to the SD-card bus are very sensitive about the bus suddenly going down.

I'd rather move to the /tmp folder, to avoid using the SD-card, and to avoid filling internal storage. I'm 200% certain this will fix your issue.

I had the same error with the same command on the tetra last night  "bus error" . running everything from a folder I made in /root

Ill try the new update you just did and see what I get from there.

 

EDIT: Just reinstalled updated ipk's and worked great.  thanks dude.

Edited by b0N3z
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a noob question, but how would i go about installing this. When move the ipk files to the nano all i get while trying to install is:

root@Pineapple:~# opkg install hcxtools_4.2.1-3_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing hcxtools (4.2.1-3) to sd...
Configuring hcxtools.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.list': No such file or directory
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sleezybax said:

Might be a noob question, but how would i go about installing this. When move the ipk files to the nano all i get while trying to install is:

root@Pineapple:~# opkg install hcxtools_4.2.1-3_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing hcxtools (4.2.1-3) to sd...
Configuring hcxtools.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.list': No such file or directory
 

That "error message" appears on every package you try to install on the Nano, and can safely be ignored.  

Please also remember to do "opkg update" before installing anything, in case you're missing any dependencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick reply. something still seems off though as im getting error messages saying hcxdumptool is not found:

 

root@Pineapple:~# root@Pineapple:~#
-ash: root@Pineapple:~#: not found
root@Pineapple:~#
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realized I didn't copy the right stuff. Here we go again:

root@Pineapple:~# hcxdumptool -o test.pcapng -i wlan1mon --enable_st
atus 1
-ash: hcxdumptool: not found
root@Pineapple:~#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sleezybax said:

Realized I didn't copy the right stuff. Here we go again:

root@Pineapple:~# hcxdumptool -o test.pcapng -i wlan1mon --enable_st
atus 1
-ash: hcxdumptool: not found
root@Pineapple:~#

looks like you only installed hcxtools (for converting capture file) and forgot to install hcxdumptool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set the pineapple up with a fresh flashed img.

downloaded the ipk files and did these steps:

root@Pineapple:~# opkg update
Downloading https://www.wifipineapple.com/nano/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_pineapple.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_base.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_packages.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/management/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_management.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/routing/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_routing.
root@Pineapple:~# opkg install hcxtools_4.2.1-3_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing hcxtools (4.2.1-3) to sd...
Configuring hcxtools.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxtools.list': No such file or directory
root@Pineapple:~# opkg install hcxdumptool_4.2.1-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing hcxdumptool (4.2.1-1) to sd...
Configuring hcxdumptool.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxdumptool.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hcxdumptool.list': No such file or directory
root@Pineapple:~# hcxdumptool -o test.pcapng -i wlan1mon --enable_status 1
-ash: hcxdumptool: not found
root@Pineapple:~#
 

Still no luck though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sleezybax said:

Still no luck though

OK try

ln -s /sd/usr/sbin/hcxdumptool /usr/sbin/hcxdumptool

I will also get nano and and try, give me a min as im guessing locations etc.

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

OK try


ln -s /sd/usr/sbin/hcxdumptool /usr/sbin/hcxdumptool

I will also get nano and and try, give me a min as im guessing locations etc.

Bah.. Haven't Hak5 fixed the PATH issues  yet???
Darnit...
Gimme a couple minutes. I will edit the IPK so that the PATH issues gets permanently fixed when you install the package.

The "bug" i'm referencing is that the env. var. PATH (which is defined in/etc/profile)  doesn't look to /sd/usr/bin  and  /sd/usr/sbin when you attempt to launch som.ething
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Awesome Zylla. btw one of the links on page 1 on this post throws an error when trying to get the hcxtools, i had to go to your github repo to get one of the ipk's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated both packages!
hcxdumptool have have been updated to follow upstream (original source), as they updated the tool some hours ago.
And i've added a fix for the PATH issue on the Pineapples! (BAH :P )
Installing any of the packages will permanently fix the PATH issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zylla said:

Bug should be fixed now!
Uploaded new file, with new version to the repo. v4.2.1-3
Thanks for reporting it!
And please, report back any other errors you encounter! I'll do my best to fix them asap. As always ?

Hey Zylla,

Awesome work!

Can you please re-check you builds? After running an opkg update, I've installed the latest packages from the repo but I'm getting the same error:

root@Jasager:~# hcxpcaptool -z test.16800 test.pcapng
start reading from test.pcapng
Bus error
root@Jasager:~#

Looks like paths to binary aren't working as well, I had to link them manually.

Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're sym-linking then it looks like your PATH bug hasn't been fixed, like it should be when installing the IPK. 

Please check the output from these commands:

echo $PATH

tail /etc/profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed the "Bus error" problem, and updated hcxdumptool to keep up with changes from original source. :)
Links in first post should be working.

Edited by Zylla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zylla said:

If you're sym-linking then it looks like your PATH bug hasn't been fixed, like it should be when installing the IPK. 

Please check the output from these commands:

echo $PATH

tail /etc/profile

Here you go:

root@Pineapple:~# echo $PATH
/usr/bin/pineapple:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sd/bin:/sd/sbin
root@Pineapple:~# tail /etc/profile
[ -x /usr/bin/arp ] || arp() { cat /proc/net/arp; }
[ -x /usr/bin/ldd ] || ldd() { LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 $*; }

[ -n "$FAILSAFE" ] || {
        for FILE in /etc/profile.d/*.sh; do
                [ -e "$FILE" ] && . "$FILE"
        done
        unset FILE
}
export PATH=/usr/bin/pineapple:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sd/bin:/sd/sbin
root@Pineapple:~#

As you can see, the $PATH is not including the /sd/usr/sbin and /sd/usr/bin where the binaries are located after install. I've edited /etc/profile fixing the paths.

Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D4rkOperat0r said:

Here you go:


root@Pineapple:~# echo $PATH
/usr/bin/pineapple:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sd/bin:/sd/sbin
root@Pineapple:~# tail /etc/profile
[ -x /usr/bin/arp ] || arp() { cat /proc/net/arp; }
[ -x /usr/bin/ldd ] || ldd() { LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 $*; }

[ -n "$FAILSAFE" ] || {
        for FILE in /etc/profile.d/*.sh; do
                [ -e "$FILE" ] && . "$FILE"
        done
        unset FILE
}
export PATH=/usr/bin/pineapple:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sd/bin:/sd/sbin
root@Pineapple:~#

As you can see, the $PATH is not including the /sd/usr/sbin and /sd/usr/bin where the binaries are located after install. I've edited /etc/profile fixing the paths.

Thank you.

 

Strange. As installing the IPK should fix the /etc/profile file as a part of the installation process.
And, it seems to work on my Tetra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zylla said:

Strange. As installing the IPK should fix the /etc/profile file as a part of the installation process.
And, it seems to work on my Tetra.

I didnt have any problem with my tetra but the nano stilled needed the simlink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bah, damn PATH bug.  ?
I've updated again. Removed the PATH patching part of the installation procedure. And rather install the binaries somewhere already specified in the default PATH.
But people, or Hak5 should still patch their PATH variable, as tools like for example reaver are known to install to /sd/usr/sbin or /sd/usr/bin, giving users error messages when attempting to install.

But now everything should work flawlessly on both devices. No need for the PATH patch ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

root@Pineapple:~# opkg install hcxtools_4.2.1-7_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Collected errors:
 * wfopen: hcxtools_4.2.1-7_ar71xx.ipk: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from hcxtools_4.2.1-7_ar71xx.ipk.

What directory is hcxtools_4.2.1-7_ar71xx.ipk  and hcxdumptool meant to sit in to be installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I'm just giving you all a heads up that my laptops motherboard decided to die the other day.

I've tried everything to debug it, and it seems hopeless. And due to financial reasons i'm unable to get a new one immediately.

I'm hoping to find someone local selling their "old one" (when i can afford it), just so i can get back to working on stuff. 

So just a heads up that it might be a while until updates are coming, and the module i had started working on.

Hoping you all have a great week! I'm still following everything from my phone ?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...