Jump to content
Sebkinne

[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.3.x

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

After releasing firmware version 2.3.0 at DEF CON, I hadn't gotten around to creating a forum thread of it yet. As usual, please leave all feedback in this thread.

 - The Hak5 Development Team

Changelog 2.3.1:

  • Recon
    • Fixed an issue where timed recon scans would fail the first time around.
    • Fixed an issue where the stop handshake capture button would persist after a capture had completed.

Changelog 2.3.2

  • Recon
    • Fixed an issue where performing recon scans would lock up all further PineAP actions.

Changelog 2.3.0:

  • Recon
    • Added the ability to capture WPA Handshakes by clicking on the arrow next to a WPA / WPA2 encrypted network.
    • Fixed an issue where multicast MAC addresses were shown as clients to wireless networks.
  • PineAP
    • Fixed an issue where PineAP would remain running when the wlan1mon interface had been removed, causing confusion.
  • Filters
    • Fixed an issue where some combinations of filters did not apply correctly.
  • Logging
    • Fixed an issue where non-completed associations were logged as completed.
  • General
    • Fixed an issue where notifications would show invalid timestamps in Firefox.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the timezone set during initial Setup from persisting across reboots.

 

Download:
Over the air via your WiFi Pineapple's webinterface, or at https://wifipineapple.com/downloads

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always great to see updates! hope you had a blast at DC.

Just flashed and noticed a very small thing - CPU reporting seems consistently high.

 

Selection_017.png

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sebkinne @Foxtrot I havent dug to deep yet, but wanting to checkout the recon module differences from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0, I have noticed on both nano and tetra that recon live is not working and it will not display results of the scan.  I am using Chrome latestest update and am connect via eth1 via usb.  When I have time later Ill dig in to see if it is running the python script for live but just worried that it wont even display the results of scan itself and loading the scan from previous scans will not display results either.   like I said I noticed this on the Nano and Tetra both.  Might try a firmware reset and see if that fixes it and if not a firmware restore. But Im limited on time right now so I will get back to you later with my results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Team,

today i'm updatet my pineapple to 2.3.0 but now i have one big problem:

When i use the "WiFi Client Mode" with "wlan1" and setup the credentials after enable "PineAP Daemon" the informations are delete and internet dosen't work.

Can you help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

wlan1 is used by PineAP so its an either or situation and cant be used for both at the same time.

Sorry, how can change the wlan1 for WiFi Client Mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

with your Tetra you can plug in an ethernet cable, or use the ETH uUSB port and internet connection share through a laptop or plug in a compatible  3rd radio into the USB port and then use wlan2 to connect to an AP.

Thanks, one other quations:

 

  1. The SSIDs that I have scanned (SSID pool) now appear with a password on my WLAN list?
  2. And i can not use the Open SSID, when i choose the network no connection

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NicTheTank91 said:

Thanks, one other quations:

 

  1. The SSIDs that I have scanned (SSID pool) now appear with a password on my WLAN list?
  2. And i can not use the Open SSID, when i choose the network no connection

 

These are not issues with Firmware so we are well off topic. if you would like to direct message me i will be happy to continue the discussion. I will be deleting my previous messages to keep this thread tidy maybe you can do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me (and several *nix boxes here at the house) or does 2.3.0 no longer show on the Downloads page?

I was able to manually mung the URL and download a copy - but not so sure I want to use it if it's been pulled for some reason or another.

Yea, cleared my cache, etc - just don't see it on the web site. Maybe some kind of distributed cache thing, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, b0N3z said:

have noticed on both nano and tetra that recon live is not working and it will not display results of the scan. 

I had something weird happen with the initial upgrade so at the time Firmware recovered and upgraded again and im currently running 2.3.0 and live scans work and can be loaded from history etc.

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing big or bad, but there is a bug with Recon / PineAP which we are releasing a fix for tomorrow.

Until then, I want to prevent people updating to a bugged update, just to update again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 8:35 AM, Just_a_User said:

I had something weird happen with the initial upgrade so at the time Firmware recovered and upgraded again and im currently running 2.3.0 and live scans work and can be loaded from history etc.

yeah OK, although live continuous works for me on 2.3.0 the standard live scans are borked lol non live work fine for me.

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sebkinne @Foxtrot. Just upgraded to 2.3.1 and with a clean upgrade via the advanced tab, I'm still having the same issue with recon as I was having with 2.3.0.  I will try a firmware reset and then a firmware recovery to see if this will solve the issue.   I'm using chrome and have no other modules running besides PineAP being enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 and it is working for me. Although I have noticed non live scans don't auto load the results after scan. but you can click load and they display. Also for me continuous isnt continuous ? Humm that's all not consistent,. its true for 30sec scan, but not for 10min scan...

I will also firmware recover and update and will see if persistent.

AFTER FIRMWARE RECOVERY AND UPDATE - there seems an issue with first recon scan, no results displayed and scan would not load. After the first scan the second works well, results shown and load. Non live scans update results after scan and load. Continuous is still not continuous tho.

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 and it is working for me. Although I have noticed non live scans don't auto load the results after scan. but you can click load and they display. Also for me continuous isnt continuous ? Humm that's all not consistent,. its true for 30sec scan, but not for 10min scan...

I will also firmware recover and update and will see if persistent.

AFTER FIRMWARE RECOVERY AND UPDATE - there seems an issue with first recon scan, no results displayed and scan would not load. After the first scan the second works well, results shown and load. Continuous is still not continuous tho.

Hello 2.3.2 Then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 and it is working for me. Although I have noticed non live scans don't auto load the results after scan. but you can click load and they display. Also for me continuous isnt continuous ? Humm that's all not consistent,. its true for 30sec scan, but not for 10min scan...

I will also firmware recover and update and will see if persistent.

AFTER FIRMWARE RECOVERY AND UPDATE - there seems an issue with first recon scan, no results displayed and scan would not load. After the first scan the second works well, results shown and load. Non live scans update results after scan and load. Continuous is still not continuous tho.

I just tested a live, continuous Recon scan from a freshly flashed device on 2.3.1, and received expected results. What browser are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

I just tested a live, continuous Recon scan from a freshly flashed device on 2.3.1, and received expected results. What browser are you using?

 firefox 61.0.1 64bit

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I just tested a live, continuous Recon scan from a freshly flashed device on 2.3.1, and received expected results. What browser are you using?

chrome latest update for the tetra and chrome mobile for nano with same results on both.  will do a firmware restore tonight and verify also for the nano I've been using it wired to my phone through the pineapple app

@Foxtrot  Did a Firmware Recovery to 2.0.2 and then upgraded via Advanced Tab and still have the same results as 2.3.0 for the Recon Module

Edited by b0N3z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice just flashed 2.3.2 looking good so far... just cant find the handshake capture button ?

 

Selection_020.png

EDIT - Found it!!! ? ?

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Just_a_User said:

Nice just flashed 2.3.2 looking good so far... just cant find the handshake capture button ?

 

Selection_020.png

Click on the security drop-down of a WPA/2 access point within a recon scan (scan needs to be paused or completed).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sebkinne @Foxtrot. Awesome update, it has fixed the recon issue I was experiencing. I have noticed something else that @Just_a_User mentioned earlier.  The CPU usage on the dashboard seems to stay quite high despite what it actually is and "ssid added this session" doesn't clear out after a reboot and seems a little funky.  Not major issues just something I have noticed since 2.3.1. As always great work, keep it up

?

Edit: I'm only noticing these minor dashboard hiccups on chrome mobile, desktop chrome seems to be fine.

Edited by b0N3z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, b0N3z said:

@Sebkinne @Foxtrot. Awesome update, it has fixed the recon issue I was experiencing. I have noticed something else that @Just_a_User mentioned earlier.  The CPU usage on the dashboard seems to stay quite high despite what it actually is and "ssid added this session" doesn't clear out after a reboot and seems a little funky.  Not major issues just something I have noticed since 2.3.1. As always great work, keep it up

?

Edit: I'm only noticing these minor dashboard hiccups on chrome mobile, desktop chrome seems to be fine.

I think it's probably caching then, I haven't seen that behavior myself.

While the CPU usage may seem high, it's not a really good representation of actual system usage. Open top and look at the usage for a while, you'll notice it stays pretty low.

Just loading the CPU usage / doing the dashboard requests makes the CPU spike. We are considering replacing it with load averages.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...