Jump to content
dynomitecentral

Power supply for NANO

Recommended Posts

Hello community!

I just recently bought myself a wifi pineapple nano and I want to get a power supply with it. I have been looking at a couple for a while now, and I am wondering, what power output should I look for?

Here's the one I am currently looking at (I am worried it might not be enough, henceforth why I am asking): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005X1Y7I2/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that will work but you aren't going to get a lot of time out of it with ~3000mah
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-High-Speed-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B01EKXR67M/
that's what I use for mine and that's what they started offering in the elite pack i think too since it fits so nice in that tactical case, but you are paying for the slim size so if you don't need to fit it in one of those cases i'd go for one of the following two for similar pricing yet still very compact
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-10000mAh-Compatible/dp/B072MH1434/
that one is a nice small size but gives you twice the amount of mah compared to the one i use
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Portable-VoltageBoost-Technology/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/
this one is even more mah but still very small and compact in size and gives you an additional port you can use to charge say your phone while your using it with the nano

I have all of those packs and all work great with the nano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bored369 said:

I think that will work but you aren't going to get a lot of time out of it with ~3000mah
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-High-Speed-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B01EKXR67M/
that's what I use for mine and that's what they started offering in the elite pack i think too since it fits so nice in that tactical case, but you are paying for the slim size so if you don't need to fit it in one of those cases i'd go for one of the following two for similar pricing yet still very compact
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-10000mAh-Compatible/dp/B072MH1434/
that one is a nice small size but gives you twice the amount of mah compared to the one i use
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Portable-VoltageBoost-Technology/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/
this one is even more mah but still very small and compact in size and gives you an additional port you can use to charge say your phone while your using it with the nano

I have all of those packs and all work great with the nano

Alrighty, thanks! I think I will order the third option. Thank you again for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dynomitecentral said:

Shit, I didn't link it correctly, here we go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005X1Y7I2/

This will not work, it is a 5v1a power supply and the nano needs a minimum of 5v2a power supply  

 

The third option that bored369 post is perfect for the nano. I bought 2 and use one for my nano only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

sorry for jumping in but if my memory serves me right..  I thought we needed 5v 1.5a?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I noticed that I've been using 5v 1a for some time.... I'm now having some issues with my internet speed while connected in client mode.

Could low amperage have damaged my Nano?

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cheeto said:

I thought we needed 5v 1.5a?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The wiki states 9W which @ 5V = 1.8A, BUT this includes a 2.5W (0.5A) allowance for the accessory USB port. so if your not using it then you can get away with 1.3 and not suffer instability issues when transmitting and High CPU etc.

8 minutes ago, cheeto said:

Could low amperage have damaged my Nano? 

I don't know for sure - but i would have thought running with less available current would end up lowering the operating voltage so you could end up running VR's on e.g. 4.8v which may in turn supply other chips with lower than spec voltages - instability issues.

I would have thought it wouldn't cause the nano long term hardware issues but I would expect eventual damage to the power supply if its regularly trying to deliver more than it is capable of delivering - causing higher temperatures and a larger range of thermal cycling which may weaken solder joints in the power supply.

Maybe wrong as its a long time since I used this stuff. So maybe someone who knows more will chip in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under powering will only cause it to not function properly and my reboot now and again.  Over powering with a 5v power supply is not a problem as the device will only draw what it needs at the time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I'm just trying to find out why my Nano isn't working properly.   If it's the power supply, then I'll throw it out the window.

I'm willing to buy a new powerbank... So after reading the above post can we all agree that this is "the" powerbank that would be ideal for the nano:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Portable-VoltageBoost-Technology/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/

Correct?

Much appreciated fellas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cheeto said:

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I'm just trying to find out why my Nano isn't working properly.   If it's the power supply, then I'll throw it out the window.

I'm willing to buy a new powerbank... So after reading the above post can we all agree that this is "the" powerbank that would be ideal for the nano:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Portable-VoltageBoost-Technology/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/

Correct?

Much appreciated fellas!

Yup! That's the one! Reading into the specs, it looks like this thing will be great with the NANO. Also people have been saying this is great for how long it lasts and how compact it is. The point is, get that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dynomitecentral said:

Yup! That's the one! Reading into the specs, it looks like this thing will be great with the NANO. Also people have been saying this is great for how long it lasts and how compact it is. The point is, get that one.

Thanks!!

I will buy one now.  It might be too late because the Nano seems to be damaged.  If this doesn't resolve anything, I'll have to buy another Nano.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...