tv news uses rss feed for live newsbar ?

DLSS

ok so i recorded this from a belgian buisness news channel (kanaal z <-> channel z) similar to cnn /cnbc ....

wich also has a headline's bar and stocks bar.

then i noticed some error code etc in the headlines bar pretty funny , looks like html to me , migh be a rss feed ,

i recorded some footage , check it out tell me wot u think ....

http://d4rkc0d3.my-place.us/PVR00001.avi

ok so i recorded this from a belgian buisness news channel (kanaal z <-> channel z) similar to cnn /cnbc ....

wich also has a headline's bar and stocks bar.

then i noticed some error code etc in the headlines bar pretty funny , looks like html to me , migh be a rss feed ,

i recorded some footage , check it out tell me wot u think ....

http://d4rkc0d3.my-place.us/PVR00001.avi

Interesting concept aint it? Its probably RSS. All of this tv stuff is run by computers, so it could be simply passing in the xhtml from the RSS feed which had an error at that point.

:P

Hehe, I saw something on BBC Digital Radio via Freeview (over the air free digital TV) and they have the name of the current song/show on screen (because there's no video, it's radio) and for a short while they had some for of XML-style stuff up there, looked kinda like a custom language, something they use for the app that handles the Now Playing I suppose.

Googling on the message doesn't reveal a hell of a lot.

Server.CreateObject failed just as the message on the screen says. That 800706bb bit should be the reason. Google dug up this.

Probably a corrupt value in a numeric value. Makes sense since it's a stock ticker. The program feeding the screen clearly was expecting plain text, and the method called was returning HTML. It's either bad design, or reuse of existing functionality without fully understanding the consequences of doing so (which would still make it bad design).