Firmware Restore

PixL

I was having performance issues with firmeare 2.2.0 where CPU load would stay very high and the tetra would have a delay to change pages on the interface.

I decided to do a firmware recovery by holding the reset and browsing to 192.168.1.1 and uploading a .bin.

Every time I do this the tetra never self resets and just sits with a yellow light.. i'm not sure what to do now.

13 hours ago, PixL said:

browsing to 192.168.1.1 and uploading a .bin.

was it the factory version? should be this one https://www.wifipineapple.com/files/tetra_factory.bin  maybe you flashed the normal one? just checking.

Otherwise connect to the tetras serial connection and use screen to watch output as it comes up., there maybe clues in there.

3 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

was it the factory version? should be this one https://www.wifipineapple.com/files/tetra_factory.bin  maybe you flashed the normal one? just checking.

Otherwise connect to the tetras serial connection and use screen to watch output as it comes up., there maybe clues in there.

Fantastic, I was indeed using the wrong .bin 

It is now working but I did have to try 3 times as the eth1 connection via usb kept dropping.

16 minutes ago, PixL said:

Fantastic, I was indeed using the wrong .bin 

It is now working but I did have to try 3 times as the eth1 connection via usb kept dropping.

Likely to actually be your Network Manager interfering with your manual assignment of 192.168.0.1 on that interface

27 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Likely to actually be your Network Manager interfering with your manual assignment of 192.168.0.1 on that interface

It could be, i'm using Mint Linux and just used ifconfig as below:

ifconfig enx001337a630e6 down
ifconfig enx001337a630e6 up 192.168.1.2

Also don't ask me why Ubuntu based distributions have different interface names.

Archived