Jump to content

v2.2.0 Reporting via gmail doesn't work


troy
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

What are the settings you are using in the module?

From: [redacted]@gmail.com
To: [redacted]@gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587 (also tried 485)
Domain: gmail.com
Username: [redacted]@gmail.com
Password: [redacted]
Use TLS: Unchecked
Use STARTTLS: Checked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, troy said:

From: [redacted]@gmail.com
To: [redacted]@gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587 (also tried 485)
Domain: gmail.com
Username: [redacted]@gmail.com
Password: [redacted]
Use TLS: Unchecked
Use STARTTLS: Checked

That looks good to me. With only one last thing to check the report configuration as below: -

Selection_003.png

Selection_002.png

As @b0N3z  said I had to lower the security for the gmail account to get mine to work on other networks, VPN etc. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en   Also i made a pineapple account just for that, not lowering the security of my account ? works well for me.

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's all configured correctly.

I think ssmtp is seg faulting when trying to send - at least it does on the command line.

I can't see where there is any logging or output when I click test send - so I've go no idea where to look.

Does anybody else use gmail SMTP with the current firmware? The account works with SMTP sending, just not from the pinapple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, troy said:

Does anybody else use gmail SMTP with the current firmware? The account works with SMTP sending, just not from the pinapple

Like I said im using gmail smtp on 2.2.0 and its working well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firmware recovery and upgraded to 2.2.0

Still getting a Seg fault when trying to send via gmail

root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/Reporting/files# ./reporting 
getPineAPReport
uci: Entry not found
getClientReport
uci: Entry not found
getTrackedclients
getSiteReport
OK
OK
Reloaded PineAP config
machine            : WiFi Pineapple TETRA
    Running scan type 2 for 15 seconds
    New scan id: scan
    Waiting for scan to finish
    Retrieving scan results, appending to debug log
tar
Segmentation fault

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you have a setting off or something.  Use your personal email to send and receive and allow less secure apps for the test.  This setup took me some time to figure out because I have never used smtp and the settings really throw me for a loop.  Once you figure out how it works like that then move forward with a "pineapple email" so your not compromising your own email with less security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, troy said:

Firmware recovery and upgraded to 2.2.0

Still getting a Seg fault when trying to send via gmail


root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/Reporting/files# ./reporting 
getPineAPReport
uci: Entry not found
getClientReport
uci: Entry not found
getTrackedclients
getSiteReport
OK
OK
Reloaded PineAP config
machine            : WiFi Pineapple TETRA
    Running scan type 2 for 15 seconds
    New scan id: scan
    Waiting for scan to finish
    Retrieving scan results, appending to debug log
tar
Segmentation fault

 

I wasn't able to reproduce this segfault, a screenshot of your full settings would be very useful.

I did just find a couple issues that were introduced with the new firmware though, and have since been fixed for the next version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're getting segfaults, remember to check dmesg right afterwards. Then copy/paste the output here, or better: to pastebin. ?

Makes debugging stuff like this SOOO MUCH EASIER. ?

EDIT: I was also unable to reproduce this segfault. Here's my settings:
 

Uten navn.png

Edited by Zylla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI @Zylla - thank you for trying to reproduce.

I'm not sure what help dmesg will be / is of. The seg fault is not generating any diagnostic messages.

@Foxtrot do you mean that the fix you have applied to a future version is intended to resolve the issue I have - or you are not sure?

Is this because there is no ca-certs bundle anywhere possibly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, troy said:

HI @Zylla - thank you for trying to reproduce.

I'm not sure what help dmesg will be / is of. The seg fault is not generating any diagnostic messages.

@Foxtrot do you mean that the fix you have applied to a future version is intended to resolve the issue I have - or you are not sure?

Is this because there is no ca-certs bundle anywhere possibly?

dmesg displays the kernel buffer, so if anything goes *DERP'' and segfaults, that's the place to look for any verbose output / error messages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...