Reporting

JEB

I would like to use e-mail reporting but I don't get it to work.

In previous forum articles this has already been written about but those tips have unfortunately not helped me.

I tried to get it working in combination with an office365 mail server but i tried it also via gmail. 

I have tried tls and startls or port 587, 465 and 25

The strange thing is that I can't find any information in 
/tmp/reporting.log about sending mail after pressing the "send test email" button. 

Is there anyone who can help me on my way?

I use the Wifi pinapple tetra running on firmware 2.2.0

• 6 months later...

I have my configuration set exactly as the pictures above using the same email account for the From, To, and Username fields, however, I am still unable to even receive a test email, let alone a report.  Any suggestions?

On 1/22/2019 at 7:41 PM, MPG56 said:

Any suggestions? 

Does your pineapple get internet via a new IP? so exits through VPN or TOR? I had an issue with my gmail stopping (and warning me of) logins from new IP's or something so to use it over VPN and/or tor i had to lower the security settings for my pineapple reporting account.

Maybe thats it for you also.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:59 AM, Just_a_User said:

Does your pineapple get internet via a new IP? so exits through VPN or TOR? I had an issue with my gmail stopping (and warning me of) logins from new IP's or something so to use it over VPN and/or tor i had to lower the security settings for my pineapple reporting account.

Maybe thats it for you also.

I remember having to change a security setting on gmail to get this to work properly for me.  

I cant remember what it was.

• 9 months later...

Archived