[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.2.0

Sebkinne

pineap-e.png

- The Hak5 Development Team

Changelog 2.2.0

• General
    • Fixed an issue where the device LED did not stay illuminated after boot had finished.
  • PineAP
    • PineAP can now imitate enterprise access points, and capture enterprise client credentials.
    • Credentials are displayed in the UI, under the new "PineAP Enterprise" panel. The credential hashes may be exported in either h$
    • When association passthrough is enabled, clients may associate to the enterprise access point (depending on vendor implementati$
  • Recon
    • Added the ability to clone an enterprise access point for use with PineAP Enterprise.
    • The clone option can be used via the new encryption dialog, which is accessed via the button in Recon scan results for access p$
  • Configuration
    • Fixed an issue where factory reset would not work on the TETRA.
  • Clients
    • Enterprise clients are now displayed in the clients list.
    • Fixed an issue where client SSID would always be unavailable.
  • Networking
    • Fixed an issue where the wrong interface may be incorrectly selected under client mode.

Download: Over the air, or manually from https://wifipineapple.com/downloads

I cant wait to really test this out. Beer and work is holding me back today after spending all morning messing with 2.1.2 ?

thank you hak5 team!!!

Remote upgrade?

Is it safe to upgrade remotely when I don't have physical access to the pineapple?

I'm currently on 2.1.0, SSH and web access via WAN areon. 

Just checking to be sure those settings stay, and the router doesn't require pushing the physical button or power cycling.

those settings wont stay. you will need to plug in the pineapple to the pc and setup the initial setup which will allow you to set webui and ssh via eth0

10 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

those settings wont stay. you will need to plug in the pineapple to the pc and setup the initial setup which will allow you to set webui and ssh via eth0

This is correct, though we are working on a version that allows you to keep crucial configuration and remote access.

21 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

This is correct, though we are working on a version that allows you to keep crucial configuration and remote access.

What about autossh?

If autossh autostart is working, will it persist after an upgrade? And allow remote access?

4 minutes ago, sqerk said:

What about autossh?

If autossh autostart is working, will it persist after an upgrade? And allow remote access?

No,  with a firmware upgrade you lose everything and have to resetup everything.  kinda sucks but the benefits of the firmware upgrade out weigh the lose of data.  New features vs files you should have on your pc to resetup are great.  I just upgraded and within 15 mins have everything that I had setup on 2.1.2

also autossh is a module which is 3rd party for the pineapple and the firmware is Hak5 where as the modules are from individuals contributing to the pineapple 

@Sebkinne Ive notice even from the last firmware (2.1.2) to this firmware (2.2.0) that the Timezone set in the initial setup does not stay persistant.  After setting it again after the firmware setup it will stay persistant

1 hour ago, b0N3z said:

@Sebkinne Ive notice even from the last firmware (2.1.2) to this firmware (2.2.0) that the Timezone set in the initial setup does not stay persistant.  After setting it again after the firmware setup it will stay persistant

Noted, thanks! We'll get it fixed in the next release.

Humm using PineAP on FW 2.2.0 I am unable to deauth my mobile from 5ghz ch 100 from my ISP router which is ~2m away from pineapple phone is 5m+, I'm watching the signal using Network Signal info pro on the android device and its not making a dent. 2.4ghz works flawlessly.

What could that be?

I'm gonna firmware recover and upgrade again see if it still there after.

23 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Humm using PineAP on FW 2.2.0 I am unable to deauth my mobile from 5ghz ch 100 from my ISP router which is ~2m away from pineapple phone is 5m+, I'm watching the signal using Network Signal info pro on the android device and its not making a dent. 2.4ghz works flawlessly.

What could that be?

I'm gonna firmware recover and upgrade again see if it still there after.

If your 5Ghz AP is in AC mode, then it HAS to have 802.11w (Management Frame Protection) enabled. MFP means that Management Frames are encrypted, and therefore fake deauths cannot succeed.

If however this worked on a previous firmware, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

54 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

If however this worked on a previous firmware, please let me know and we'll investigate further. 

Interestingly i discovered my old phone actually supports AC so maybe.But to rule things out I tried to deauth my very very old laptop and my second router which is IEEE 802.11 a/n 5.0 GHz hardware and still no deauth. Im a bit limited on other 5ghz hardware but see what i can find.

4 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Interestingly i discovered my old phone actually supports AC so maybe.But to rule things out I tried to deauth my very very old laptop and my second router which is IEEE 802.11 a/n 5.0 GHz hardware and still no deauth. Im a bit limited on other 5ghz hardware but see what i can find.

Can you try downgrading to 2.1.2? Technically we haven't changed anything in the deauth code in this release, but I want to make sure. Any idea what firmware this definitely worked on?

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

Can you try downgrading to 2.1.2?

thats where I originally discovered my issue

Any idea what firmware this definitely worked on? 

Ummmm no i havent needed to deauth 5ghz for a while, i can give 2.0.2 a go again but will have to feed kid soon so will be a little while.

EDIT @Sebkinne ok so downgraded to 2.0.2 and also cant deauth my 2 5ghz devices off of my second a/n router. using PineAP or MDK3 - would be great to know if others can or cant so can stop scratching my bolding head ?

@Sebkinne I added a mac address to the client filter in the filter tab and for some reason I keep getting a notification saying that the device keeps make an assoication with pineap?  Client Filter set to DENY.

EDIT: After a reboot It seems to have fixed itself

1 hour ago, 846846 said:

After the upgrade SSID's are not added to pool anymore, not even after factory reset. Sounds familiar?

Worked fine on 2.0.2 today but after upgrade to 2.2.0 problem started.

Strange It's working for me on 2.2.0, make sure you enable log PineAP Events & Capture SSIDs to Pool then save PineAP settings then enable PineAP. Make sure you can create some beacons in case your not near any clients looking for wifi.

22 hours ago, 846846 said:

@Sebkinne After the upgrade SSID's are not added to pool anymore, not even after factory reset. Sounds familiar? Same problem on Nano. Worked fine on 2.0.2 today but after upgrade to 2.2.0 problem started.

Works for me but takes significantly more time than with 2.1.2

Interesting update though. Good job guys.

I am getting some strange notifications on the dashboard using Firefox on Kali Linux, i'm getting the following notifications reported!

at NaN-NaN-NaN NaN:NaN AM

On 7/12/2018 at 6:00 PM, PixL said:

I am getting some strange notifications on the dashboard using Firefox on Kali Linux, i'm getting the following notifications reported!

Do you know how long the notifications have been in the list when it reports as not a number?

I cannot reproduce this issue.

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

Do you know how long the notifications have been in the list when it reports as not a number?

I cannot reproduce this issue.

normally within a couple hrs of getting the notification from what I have seen on my pineapple and it seems to be only on firefox

Is anyone else noticing a problem with not being able to resolve hostnames on the Pineapple?  I found that my Pineapple couldn't resolve while looking at this issue (https://forums.hak5.org/topic/37448-official-portal-auth/?do=findComment&comment=309104).  It seems my PHP and Python scripts can't connect out to the internet because they can't resolve.  I flashed to 2.2.0 today and everything was fine for the first 30 minutes then randomly I started having this problem.  Once I added my local DNS server to /etc/resolv.conf everything worked.  Did anything change in the networking module with regard to name servers?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived