Jump to content
Hak5 Forums
DoJo_Mast3r

Wifiphisher update request

Recommended Posts

I'm a huge fan of
https://github.com/wifiphisher/wifiphisher

And I'm trying to get the latest version working on my pineapple nano, having a really hard time with it. I found a module that seams to have some of the old features that wifiphisher has, but does not support mobile which is a bummer and befor you ask I did try to get in contact with the developer with no luck. 

Module can be found here
https://github.com/teabot5000/Evilportal-wifi-connect

If I could get some help on either updating the module or porting wifiphisher that would be great.

This project is not malicious, this has been a massive learning experience for me.

(also technically speaking I guess it's not a ''real'' module but not sure what else to call it) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DoJo_Mast3r said:

I'm a huge fan of
https://github.com/wifiphisher/wifiphisher

And I'm trying to get the latest version working on my pineapple nano, having a really hard time with it. I found a module that seams to have some of the old features that wifiphisher has, but does not support mobile which is a bummer and befor you ask I did try to get in contact with the developer with no luck. 

Module can be found here
https://github.com/teabot5000/Evilportal-wifi-connect

If I could get some help on either updating the module or porting wifiphisher that would be great.

This project is not malicious, this has been a massive learning experience for me.

(also technically speaking I guess it's not a ''real'' module but not sure what else to call it) 

I'm working on porting it to the Pineapples. Quite alot of dependencies needs to be cross-compiled.
Also, Wifiphisher in it's current state won't work as it is, and needs to be patched just to be simply able to launch it (with arguments).
(For example, it fails if NetworkManager / nmcli isn't usable)

I'll be posting my stuff to github when i have something most people can work with. ?

Edited by Zylla
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be even better if it would generate an SSL certificate also.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zylla said:

I'm working on porting it to the Pineapples. Quite alot of dependencies needs to be cross-compiled.
Also, Wifiphisher in it's current state won't work as it is, and needs to be patched just to be simply able to launch it (with arguments).
(For example, it fails if NetworkManager / nmcli isn't usable)

I'll be posting my stuff to github when i have something most people can work with. ?

That's awesome!! If I can help at all in anyway, I am more of a graphic designer if I'm being honest, could beta test too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....As of this moment i've compiled every single dependency (i think i've gotten em' all...)

They can be found at https://www.github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools/
Inside the repo. there's a folder named wifiphisher-openwrt which contains the IPK's for the dependencies, as well as the wifiphisher directory. (it contains the same files as the  main wifiphisher repo.)
For people experienced with python and developing i recommend you test it, and try to work out the errors as they show up.
Wifiphisher relies alot on NetworkManager, which doesn't exist on the Pineapples. So some code needs to be re-written, for example alowing it to use iwconfig to handle the interfaces, etc.

But yeh. Dependencies are now fixed ? 
I'll update the wifiphisher folder with my own code when/if i get something working. ?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, Zylla said:

Well....As of this moment i've compiled every single dependency (i think i've gotten em' all...)

They can be found at https://www.github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools/
Inside the repo. there's a folder named wifiphisher-openwrt which contains the IPK's for the dependencies, as well as the wifiphisher directory. (it contains the same files as the  main wifiphisher repo.)
For people experienced with python and developing i recommend you test it, and try to work out the errors as they show up.
Wifiphisher relies alot on NetworkManager, which doesn't exist on the Pineapples. So some code needs to be re-written, for example alowing it to use iwconfig to handle the interfaces, etc.

But yeh. Dependencies are now fixed ? 
I'll update the wifiphisher folder with my own code when/if i get something working. ?

Been playing with the directory for a few hours, not exactly sure how to install it as a module, tried just uploading wifiphisher-openwrt into my modules folder that didnt work... Guessing I need to install the dependencies manually some how, excuse my noobishness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2018 at 9:14 PM, Zylla said:

But yeh. Dependencies are now fixed ? 
I'll update the wifiphisher folder with my own code when/if i get something working. ? 

It runs!!!!  sweet job ? I haven't tried to use it yet I just ran "wifiphisher --help". will try and make some time to take a closer look.

On 7/1/2018 at 12:41 AM, DoJo_Mast3r said:

Been playing with the directory for a few hours, not exactly sure how to install it as a module, tried just uploading wifiphisher-openwrt into my modules folder that didnt work... Guessing I need to install the dependencies manually some how, excuse my noobishness  

clone the repo to pineapple, install all the ipk files using "opkg update && opkg install *.ipk"  (internet required on pineapple) once finished clone original wifiphisher (until zylla has something tweaked for pineapples) to the wifiphisher directory for example. Browse to said folder and run "python setup.py install" once finished you should be able to type "wifiphisher --help" to see options. Not sure its 100% working yet but at least it runs!!!! ?

Thanks @Zylla fun times ?

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

It runs!!!!  sweet job ? I haven't tried to use it yet I just ran "wifiphisher --help". will try and make some time to take a closer look.

clone the repo to pineapple, install all the ipk files using "okg update && opkg install *.ipk"  (internet required on pineapple) once finished clone original wifiphisher (until zylla has something tweaked for pineapples) to the wifiphisher directory for example. Browse to said folder and run "python setup.py install" once finished you should be able to type "wifiphisher --help" to see options. Not sure its 100% working yet but at least it runs!!!! ?

Thanks @Zylla fun times ?

I am really trying here, went into the wifiphisher-openwrt directory and ran "okg update && opkg install *.ipk" and I get the response of "okg:: not found" probably something super simple that Im missing here, any documentation on okg commands? Ive never heard of it before, having trouble figuring this out on my own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DoJo_Mast3r said:

I am really trying here, went into the wifiphisher-openwrt directory and ran "okg update && opkg install *.ipk" and I get the response of "okg:: not found" probably something super simple that Im missing here, any documentation on okg commands? Ive never heard of it before, having trouble figuring this out on my own

my bad i missed a p as my keyboard is getting old and failing slowly needing a harder press than most other keys.

command should be "opkg update && opkg install *.ipk" when run from inside the wifiphisher-openwrt dir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

my bad i missed a p as my keyboard is getting old and failing slowly needing a harder press than most other keys.

command should be "opkg update && opkg install *.ipk" when run from inside the wifiphisher-openwrt dir.

Collected errors:
 * pkg_init_from_file: Malformed package file certifi_2018.4.16-1_ar71xx.ipk.
root@Pineapple2:/sd/modules/wifiphisher-openwrt# Collected errors:
-ash: Collected: not found
root@Pineapple2:/sd/modules/wifiphisher-openwrt#  * pkg_init_from_file: Malforme
d package file certifi_2018.4.16-1_ar71xx.ipk.
-ash: *: not found
 

But everything else seamed to install... Maby its fine, thanks for the help btw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, DoJo_Mast3r said:

But everything else seamed to install... Maby its fine, thanks for the help btw!

Yeah with the nano your going to probably need to specify a install destination of sd adding --dest sd to the command. I have been trying this out on my tetra so dont have to deal with that sorry i didn't mention before. Your probably jumping in the very deep end to learn openwrt and this wifiphisher isnt going to work right out of the box. Maybe hold back and wait for something fully functioning, or just get stuck in reflash often and learn all the way. up to you. pros and cons to both.

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

Yeah with the nano your going to probably need to specify a install destination of sd adding --dest-sd to the command. I have been trying this out on my tetra so dont have to deal with that sorry i didn't mention before. Your probably jumping in the very deep end to learn openwrt and this isnt going to work right out of the box. Maybe hold back and wait for something fully functioning, or just get stuck in reflash often and learn all the way. up to you. pros and cons to both.

I guess this is a little too advanced for me then, well if a prepackaged module for the nano is released or maby a evil portal that has similar functionality then Ill try it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Always add "--dest sd" when installing anything with opkg on the Nano. It helps save space on the internal storage.
Some packages will fill up the internal storage instantly, making the Nano pretty slow and laggy.

If you encounter ANY errors when using opkg. Try checking out opkg --help to see if you find anything related to said errors.
Sometimes, you might need to add some "--force-*" flags to the install arguments, if conflicts arrises.

Also, make sure you run opkg update, before running any install command. It will then fetch any missing dependencies automatically from the openwrt repos. :)

Just a friendly and short "OPKG Guide"

Edited by Zylla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zylla said:

Always add "--dest sd" when installing anything with opkg on the Nano. It helps save space on the internal storage.
Some packages will fill up the internal storage instantly, making the Nano pretty slow and laggy.

If you encounter ANY errors when using opkg. Try checking out opkg --help to see if you find anything related to said errors.
Sometimes, you might need to add some "--force-*" flags to the install arguments, if conflicts arrises.

Also, make sure you run opkg update, before running any install command. It will then fetch any missing dependencies automatically from the openwrt repos. :)

Just a friendly and short "OPKG Guide"

I fixed a issue with my setup, using the 

Quote

opkg install *.ipk --dest sd

didn't work, but when I specify like this 

Quote

opkg install six_1.11.0-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd

then it installs, however I get errors when it comes to configuring them

Quote

Configuring backports_abc.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/backports_abc.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/backports_abc.list': No such file or directory

Im guessing its looking in the wrong directory for some reason, hence this error when trying to run the python setup

Quote

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages, Command
ImportError: No module named setuptools

Also is it important to install the setup on the sd? --dest sd?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When installing stuff with opkg on the Nano, it's quite common to recieve what looks like lots of errors at the end.
Where the errors are about ".control  or .list" files.

These errors can safely be ignored, as they are not errors. It's just opkg that thinks something is i off due to the nature of the Nano's overlay-system, i think.
I just know for sure they can be ignored ?

Also, i'm not sure what IPK's your're trying to install when using *.ipk.
But, if the correct IPK's are inside you're current directory, then that command should work flawlessly ?

Quote

Also is it important to install the setup on the sd? --dest sd?

No. It will install to wherever your python library is located, which is setup a bit silly imo. on the Nano.
It's located internally, which i get. But i like to move it to the SD-card, and then create a sym-link to the old internal directory. Like this:

mkdir -p /sd/usr/lib/
mv /usr/lib/python2.7 /sd/usr/lib/python2.7
ln -s /sd/usr/lib/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.7

After those commands, you will have your python-library in the sd-card. This is almost a "must" to do imo if you're developing with python on the Nano.

Edited by Zylla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But atm, i run wifiphisher from the python file inside the wifiphisher's repo.
It should be located at: /wifiphisher/bin/wifiphisher
I just simply cd to the directory and launch it like this: python wifiphisher

This is to avoid installing files that needs to be updated. It can be run like that, without installing wifiphisher. You would only need to install dependencies.

Edited by Zylla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zylla

Hi, I get after starting only the following error message.

 

WARNING: IPv6 support disabled in Python. Cannot load scapy IPv6 layers.

[*] Starting Wifiphisher 1.4GIT ( https://wifiphisher.org ) at 2018-07-05 18:49

/bin/sh: nmcli: not found

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wifiphisher", line 17, in <module>

 

  File "/root/wifiphisher/wifiphisher/pywifiphisher.py", line 638, in run

    engine.start()

  File "/root/wifiphisher/wifiphisher/pywifiphisher.py", line 318, in start

    self.network_manager.start()

  File "/root/wifiphisher/wifiphisher/common/interfaces.py", line 721, in start

    raise error

pyric.error: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

 

 

Your .ipk packages I could install without problems. For testing I used a Wifi Tetra, do you need any more logs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you're running into the issues that i mentioned above, where custom patches to be applied to wifiphisher itself.
As you can see from the error, it's related to "nmcli". Which is NetworkManager's command-line interface on Kali/Debian Linux.
Because nmcli and/or NetworkManager does not exist on our devicess we need to patch wifiphisher to get it working with the stuff we have on the Pineapples, those patches should also work on Linux.

Feel free to help out if you're experienced with python developing. :)
I'll do my best whenever i have time to work on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what this does versus EvilPortal? Is it basically the automation of the deauthentication attack PLUS EvilPortal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 6:05 AM, thefragile99 said:

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what this does versus EvilPortal? Is it basically the automation of the deauthentication attack PLUS EvilPortal?

I think so, the whole purpose is to mimic a login of a target Wifi by creating a clone and having the user saving the resulted password in clonned WiFi connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×