Hak5 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mikebax10413

Using a USB Rubber Ducky on a Computer under the control of Respondus Lockdown Browser?

Hi,

This is probably a stupid question, but would a USB Rubber Ducky work on a computer (not my own) with Respondus Lockdown Browser (or any other similar testing software) already open? For those that don't know -  https://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/

From what I understand, the Rubber Ducky acts as a keyboard right? The goal would be to open a .exe from the microSD card of a USB Rubber Ducky to "essentially autorun" an .exe upon the Ducky being plugged in. If this isn't possible feel free to list any possible alternatives that could maybe help me accomplish this task. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mikebax10413 said:

work on a computer (not my own) with Respondus Lockdown Browser

if its not your own computer or you don't have explicit permission from the owner its best to leave it alone - thats illegal.

Edited by Just_a_User

To clarify, it would be my friend's computer with their permission. They would be using Lockdown Browser, and were curious if the Rubber Ducky would work when their computer is in that state. 

Posted (edited)

Sounds suspicious lol I hope for your sake your telling the truth 😉

Basicly if you can do what you want with a keyboard and USB stick you can do it with a ducky.

Edited by Just_a_User

thx for the reply. Lockdown browser is just a software given to students to use on their personal computer to complete assignments. Unfortunately it blocks access to cmd and using the  keyboard so I'm assuming the Ducky wouldn't work? But I'll look into it and see what the Ducky can do. 

21 minutes ago, mikebax10413 said:

software given to students to use on their personal computer to complete assignments. Unfortunately it blocks access to cmd

ummm are you sure its not pre installed onto school supplied computer provided to students? 😉 haha