[Nswitch] Payload to increase the number of Switches

fusionjj

I am quite new to the Bash Bunny and programming in general - I am literally a n00b, so any feedback or advice would be helpful. 

I am trying to create a payload that can potentially increase the number of switches which may be useful in particular environments such as when you don't have direct access to your own computer, specifically without using STORAGE. The way it works is the following:

In the UDISK directory \payloads\, by default there are only two switches;

switch1

switch2

with Nswitch, you can potentially have any number of switches (restricted by the storage of course);

so in addition to the above directories, you can also create:

switch3

switch4

switchN

Now switch1 is the Nswitch controller - the Nswitch can be changed in two ways, depending on whether you have a lockscreen or not. It is also able to detect the state of the lockscreen (which may be useful in other applications where you can set up two different attacks depending on the state)

If there is no lockscreen - then the Bash Bunny will run a HTTP server, and you can set the switch number from http:\\172.16.64.1 directly.

If there is a lockscreen - then the Bash Bunny will simply increase the value of N incrementally by 1, i.e each time you plug in the device N:=N+1. This also works if you don't have direct access to a computer, you can simply change the switch by repeatedly plugging it into a USB Power Bank (although this may take some time to reach switch6 as you would have to wait for the Bunny to boot up and the LEDs to flash and repeat this 6 times which isn't ideal in every situation)

#!/bin/bash
LED SETUP

ATTACKMODE HID RNDIS_ETHERNET 
GET TARGET_IP
GET HOST_IP
GET SWITCH_POSITION

cd /root/udisk/payloads/$SWITCH_POSITION

if [ -z "${TARGET_IP}" ]; then
    LED FAIL2
	exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f Nswitch.txt ]; then
	echo 0 > Nswitch.txt
fi

LED STAGE1
#Detecting lockscreen
tcpdump -l -i usb0 'icmp and icmp[icmptype]=icmp-echo' -vv > ping &

# Windows OS specific, can change to RUN OSX or RUN UNITY
RUN WIN ping $HOST_IP -n 1

sleep 1
if grep "ICMP" ping > /dev/null
then
        echo 1 > lockscreen
		# Unlocked
		LED G DOUBLE
		#Try Captive portal to overcome some restrictions?
		python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80 &
		while ! nc -z localhost 80; do sleep 0.2; done
else
        echo 0 > lockscreen
		# Locked
		LED R DOUBLE
		N=0; for i in `cat Nswitch.txt`; do N=$((1 + $i)); done; echo $N > Nswitch.txt
fi

cp /root/udisk/payloads/switch$N /root/udisk/payloads/switch1

with

<form name=”web_form” id=”web_form” method=”post” action=”post.php”>
        <p><label>Nswitch:</label><input type=”number” name=”N” id=”N” /></p>
        <input type="submit" value="Ammend">
</form>

and

<?php
$N = $_POST[‘N’];
$fp = fopen(”Nswitch.txt”, a”);
$savestring = $N;
fwrite($savestring);
fclose($fp);
?>

It still isn't complete yet but I have been able to detect the lockscreen state successfully. I did have some issues with the web server at first but this has been mostly resolved, I just need to finish off the code. Before I do, I thought I would get some advice from the Hak5 community on whether this payload would even be useful to other people, and how I could optimize the code or make it better. 

I should mention, that once you set the switch number N it will automatically copy the files of the directory from \payloads\switchN to the other switch (i.e switch 2 in the example above) and once you unplug the Bunny, change the switch and replug it, it will run the payload from switch N on switch 2.

Archived