crash after plug in a USB Wifi Device

sigfault

Hi there,

Let me introduce: i'm new ? -  from south germany near the Alps and i work as sysadmin - my english language skills are bad, sorry for that.

I have a problem with my pineapple Nano:
Everytime i plug in a additional usb netwokcard like the Alfa AWUS036NHR and try to connect this to my wlan to habe internetaccess the pineapple do not react anymore. if i only pluged in it, i can see in dmseg that the pineapple recognizes the device correct, if i try to connect to my home wlan the pineapple dies without any message and i have to reboot it, same with different usb cards.

As power Source  i use a 21000mAh Anker Power Bank, with the orginal USB Y Cable, the pineapple works well over hours if i didnt connect a external usb Wifi. same cautious if i connect it to my macbook or my desktop.

All usb wifi cards i tryed works well on kali or raspi pi

did i miss any information in the documentation about what cards are supportet?
is it possible that the USB Port on the pineapple does strange things?
somebody else with similar problems?

thx ?

klaus

Go on Amazon look up

Mini Usb Wifi Adapter 150Mbps Ralink RT5370 Chipset With Soft AP Function

On 6/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, sigfault said:

Hiho,

Update, with the 150Mbps Ralink RT5370 Chipset  everything works fine. Thank you Bigbiz!

ciao,
klaus

In the end it may have just been a combination of the power bank not being able to deliver enough power to power the pineapple and your wifi card at the same time, plus drivers may not have been installed. 

Good 2 hear the Ralink is working as intended for you

Archived