Unable to connect to internet via eth1 (Win10)

olsenwc

I think that my google-fu has failed me.  I am unable to get my wifi pineapple tetra to connect to the internet via the eth1 USB connection.  I have followed the directions that were provided in the FAQ and other posts within the forums.  I have reset the network configuration of my Windows 10 machine and have attempted the same steps on several different windows machines.  I would utilize a kali box but I do not have a dedicated machine for that at this time.  

From my primary ethernet connection, I have selected allow other users to connect through this computer's Internet connection and the allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection boxes. 

While the configuration of the wifi pineapple's connection uses the following:

IP: 172.16.42.42

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway. 172.16.42.0

DNS: 8.8.8.8 

For the DNS I have tried other servers including my pfsense DNS server.  

The Pineapple will attempt to access the wifipineapple.com website and the connection will not work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

2 minutes ago, olsenwc said:

the pineapple is able to send packets out, but not getting any in.

Maybe your PFsense firewall isnt letting things in? did you try to remove it temporarily to test?

2 hours ago, olsenwc said:

I have been reviewing my logs to see if the pineapple is able to send packets out, but not getting any in.

Then im not sure,

I'm using my tetra the same via its USB Ethernet connection ETH1 through Ubuntu to my router and its working both directions. I haven't used Windows in a few years and dont have a windows box in the house atm to try.

Maybe you could download a live Linux image stick it on a USB stick and boot that on your machine and see if you can share Internet through a Linux box..at least then it narrows the issue down to windows or something.

Well it also gets more confusing.  I took just_a_users advice and used my cell to create a tethered connection through my surface. When my nano, I have both, connected it successfully updated.  But when I went to connectthe tetra the connection error re appeared.  Also, the nano one again shows the same error connections when i re plugged it in with the same connection.  So i am at a complete lossat whatis going on.  It is difficult to use a tool if itis a one time use thing. 

4 hours ago, olsenwc said:

Well it also gets more confusing.  I took just_a_users advice and used my cell to create a tethered connection through my surface. When my nano, I have both, connected it successfully updated.  But when I went to connectthe tetra the connection error re appeared.  Also, the nano one again shows the same error connections when i re plugged it in with the same connection.  So i am at a complete lossat whatis going on.  It is difficult to use a tool if itis a one time use thing. 

I kinda think its maybe windows being an ass ? im sure i read somewhere on these forums that occasionally windows changes IP's on you? i dunno..

Maybe try using Linux to see if the issue follows OS. I'm currently using Ubuntu and it remembers network settings per MAC address.

I found this on the Openwrt package Adblock by dibot

• 

disable active dns probing in windows 10: to prevent a yellow exclamation mark on your internet connection icon (which wrongly means connected, but no internet), please change the following registry key/value from "1" to "0"

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing

maybe it will help?

Archived