Reset problem after fist usage and update

nassim

I bought the bushbunny, i tried fist to update it to the last firmware 1.5 using the guide, but afterwards, nothing happens, green light whether on arming or switch mode then nothing,  when i try a reset, after the police lights, i plug on switch mode1..... green light.... on led off switch imediately to arming mode, plug it again , nothing, i tried hundred times, i don't want to waste my 100$, any help would be really appreciated, and reflects the seriousness of the hak5 team.

Check if you have access first by switching it to arming mode. The Bash Bunny should show up as a USB storage device. From there, you can SSH into the Bash Bunny using PuTTY and a serial connection (documented on the BashBunny Website.) It can take a bit of practice to get the payloads going initially, so try this first. If you get this far, you may have not configured the Bash Bunny payload for that switch position correctly.

i don't have usb acccess, windows doesn't even detect it, when it's plugged, the green light flashes for 5 seconds then shuts off, and nothing happens, triying to reset it following the guide on the forum i get the police lights, then the same problem, is ther another way to get it at least detected by windows

but let me explain how it first happened, after copying the .exe update file in the roor , pressing 0 on the console it downloaded a new firmware after it finished i unplug then plug it again...police lights then green then nothing. no led flashing and no detection on windows.

i'am really mad and upset, is there any other way to save this little bunny ?

another question is that on win7 on device manager, i don't seem to find the COM port, this was the case even before i try to update it. also even the powershell command doesn't work all under administrative privileges.

Maybe the firmware update didn't work. Consider contacting the HakShop if you've had problems from the get-go.

Yes this is what i'am thinking about the update didn't go well, so nothing is loaded when bunny is plugged in, and no ssh nor serial connection. so no other solution than throwing it ? i will comtact hackShop. thank you guys for your time!

I'm back again with good news ! i finally got it to work, after thinking that it was dead forever. so if it happened for you that in the process of updating your BB, you mistakenly had pluged it out, and then no detection on windows or linux, and only what you get is a green led then nothing, and that the ultimate recovery guide from Senkinne doesn't work out, then here is the next move, we have to cause a recovery mode but how:

1.plug in you BB, when green light off, plug it out, do it 3 times just like in the ultimate guide for recovery from sebkinne. 

2. Now plug it in back you should see the police lights (red then blue), normally you shouldn't plug it out because it's in recovery state mode, but you know that it didn't work before, so go ahead and PLUG IT OUT 2 seconds from the start of the police lights !!!

3. plug it out then in again, this time the police light will start blinking but for like 10 minutes, it's a sign of a good recovery. you will see the blue light blinking and hear the sound of windows detecting a device. 

i hope this will help, as some of us has encountered this problem, that it resolves the issue. happy pentesting ?

• 9 months later...

Hello everybody,

I have bought an BB en did a firmware-update. Now i have just a green led and nothing else?

No matter were the were the switch's position.

When i put the BB into USB immediately led green is on (no blinking). pull 100 times in and out give no reaction.

please help..

Archived