Redirecting from evil portal

Diesl

Hi!

I'm working with evil portal right now and want to redirect from the evil portals login page to a page then warning about the dangers of using unknown networks like this and submitting information.

I have a redirect in the PHP of the evil portal, but it doesn't seem to redirect properly. I click submit on the portal box and, on my iPhone, get redirected to captive.apple.com.

Has anyone else done something similar?

Check the captive portal's code and see if it's not already redirecting you somewhere, then either edit that or remove it and create your own redirect.

Also, iOS devices might already treat submit buttons on specific portals as "captive.apple.com" redirects as a native thing. I'm not sure - it would be silly but that's what Apple likes doing, unfortunately. They love limiting stuff on their devices.

So it comes with a redirect function:

<script type="text/javascript">
  function redirect() {
    setTimeout(function() {
      window.location = "/captiveportal/index.php";
    }, 100);
  }
</script>

When the form is filled out, you click next, then it closes out after you're done.

I've changed the index.php to hello.html, and it redirects to hello.html but it's just the portal page without the fancy graphics, as opposed to the test html page for information on what happened.

The call to captive.apple.com is the iPhone testing to see if it's behind a portal. I think If the phone connected successfully to captive.apple.com it would have proceeded to load the page that you fed as a redirect.