[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.2

Sebkinne

On 6/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, PixL said:

Update:  I am finding that PineAP has a tendency to freeze unless it is restarted, the dashboard will work normally except for the SSID count will not show. Also on the PineAP page the SSID pool will remain blank

Something isnt right there, im running 2.1.2 and it seems to be running nice for me, i would be tempted to do a firmware recovery and start a fresh.

2 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Thats not right im on same firmware and it seems to be working nice for me including Evilportal. I would be tempted to do a firmware recovery and upgrade again for a fresh start.

Yeah, like I said I was gonna do a Firm Recov, which I did. It seems to work fine now, but I haven't tested with my Evil Portal yet, importing the files. The Pineapple was flashed prior to upgrading, so not sure what happened, but just trying to report anything I can, especially if others have similar problems.

Having a strange issue with factory reset - get the usual messages but no reboot and not reset. when i try and run the command manually  i get

root@TETRA:~# mtd -r erase rootfs_data
Could not open mtd device: rootfs_data

Going to firmware recover so will see if it exists afterwards.

EDIT - Seems to have persisted across a re flash and upgrade. Notes, SSID pool still exist no reboot.

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

Having a strange issue with factory reset - get the usual messages but no reboot and not reset. when i try and run the command manually  i get

root@TETRA:~# mtd -r erase rootfs_data

Going to firmware recover so will see if it exists afterwards.

EDIT - Seems to have persisted across a re flash and upgrade. Notes, SSID pool still exist no reboot.

That's not how you Factory reset a TETRA, this is:

jffs2reset -y && reboot &

I do however see that the current firmware seems to be calling the wrong function when Factory resetting over the Webinterface.

We'll get that fixed for the next version, thanks!

33 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

calling the wrong function when Factory resetting over the Webinterface.

yeah you should know by now I operate 50% guesswork, 40% trial and error and 10% luck ? i followed the configure module JS,API, to that function with that command.

i should have remembered that jffs2reset, but... beer + hurry is todays excuse haha

Guys im not 100% sure if its a driver thing or not. Been messing with mdk3 (from terminal) and it seems like i cannot deauth on 5ghz chans. Works very well on 2.4ghz. terminal outputs like its doing the business but looks like nothing is going out even when specifying chans etc. Any ideas?

EDIT - Looks to be similar results from PineAP on my 5ghz channel.

Archived