[RC Release] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.0-RC2

Sebkinne

On 5/18/2018 at 3:08 AM, Just_a_User said:

Im not sure if its something to do with me flashing RC2 over RC1? but im seeing some more weirdness with regards to PineAP and its controls.

In my tests I have been using a pool with a single test SSID network, i have 2 devices, one is looking for another open network the other looking for my test SSID. Im using airodump-ng or Horst on wlan2mon to watch the pineapple do its thing.

If I turn on beacon responses and ssid broadcast i see them both firing out responses and both my devices get sucked in and connect - great!. However if i then try to disable beacon response and then save PineAP settings it seems the pineapple continues to respond to beacon requests. I went a step further and disabled SSID broadcast and saved PineAP settings and can still see beacons being responded too. the only way it seems i can get it to stop is to restart PineAP.

I can repeat this over reboots and seems consistent as far as i can tell. Maybe i should re-flash 2.0.0 then go directly to RC2?

There was a very simple bug in PineAP that is responsible for this. I just finished fixing it and it will be available in the next update. In the meantime, there isn't anything you can do to fix it. My apologies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing around with the button script and it works great, so far.  I've come to a point where I want to include the LEDs as a sign that the command started.  Ive tried the new led command in the terminal and it works great but not in the button script. All off then sleep 3 and all on. Any suggestions or a way to add it to the firmware. 

10 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I've been playing around with the button script and it works great, so far.  I've come to a point where I want to include the LEDs as a sign that the command started.  Ive tried the new led command in the terminal and it works great but not in the button script. All off then sleep 3 and all on. Any suggestions or a way to add it to the firmware. 

Are you experiencing this issue on the NANO as well? I'll test on the TETRA later today but the following button script is working for me on the NANO:

#!/bin/bash

led blue off
sleep 3
led blue on

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

Are you experiencing this issue on the NANO as well? I'll test on the TETRA later today but the following button script is working for me on the NANO:

#!/bin/bash

led blue off
sleep 3
led blue on

I have not tried this yet on the nano, only the tetra.  I did the exact same thing as you mentioned above.  Ill give it another try tonight and report back.

21 minutes ago, PixL said:

I am finding that new to RC2 the PineAP daemon has a habit of disabling it's self after an extended period of time.

Since RC2, I've fixed a few issues in PineAP and one in the library we wrote to parse frames. We're doing some testing now to confirm it's solid before the release.

Archived