[RC Release] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.0-RC2

Sebkinne

1 hour ago, b0N3z said:

@Tesla  After further testing with the tetra and nano, I still cannot get the OUI to download.  I have reset all the browser caches and even tried a 3rd browser (fresh install).  Chrome, FIrefox and Vivaldi browsers.

May be silly questions but..

1. Is it displaying anything on the page, showing it sees the Pineapple?
  2. If it isn't, are you connecting via the DNS entry or via it's IP?
  3. Subnet..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I still cannot get the OUI to download

Just tried in a Firefox private window and its unable to resolve mac addresses also. I guess in my main browser there was a previous OUI file still in cache..

Interestingly in the private window the pineapple still displays some highlighted (in blue) mac addresses - so the pineapple still knows ?

In fact the mac text is still correct but no manufacturer is displayed - i still see a mixture of "This MAC was likely globally assigned by the hardware vendor" and "This MAC was likely locally assigned and was not assigned by the hardware vendor."

Separate issue (maybe) - I think that most of the time Recon is removing its own wlan0 (00:13:37) SSID from the scans but I just had one where it remained in the scan. EDIT - maybe im wrong but it seems its not removing it now, even after reboot...

44 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Question more than issue, are filter macs and SSID's now lost over reboots?

The filter modes are persistent but the contents not. is that right?

Nope, they should persist. Good catch! 

@Tesla @Sebkinne  Here is my Tetra also not displaying live scans. video below ? .  I have noticed this happens when using usb tether or access via wlan2 connected to my wifi router. basically when not directly plugged into the PC and using eth1 ( or eth0 on the nano ) and the webui using a different ip ( 192.168.xx.xxx ). 

1 hour ago, b0N3z said:

@Tesla @Sebkinne  Here is my Tetra also not displaying live scans. video below ? .  I have noticed this happens when using usb tether or access via wlan2 connected to my wifi router. basically when not directly plugged into the PC and using eth1 ( or eth0 on the nano ) and the webui using a different ip ( 192.168.xx.xxx ). 

As I stated in the NANO thread for this firmware version, we had some ideas of the problem and it has now been fixed, ready for the next release.

I would like to see about compiling my own version of the Tetra openwrt. 

I've been looking through github but none of the hak5 repositories have changed to account for the newer versions. I have also looked at openwrt chaos, daily, and lede only to see some hints of the nano but not enough to build it with a full pineapple gui nor to build a tetra.

Any help is much appreciated. 

9 hours ago, cyrus104 said:

I would like to see about compiling my own version of the Tetra openwrt. 

I've been looking through github but none of the hak5 repositories have changed to account for the newer versions. I have also looked at openwrt chaos, daily, and lede only to see some hints of the nano but not enough to build it with a full pineapple gui nor to build a tetra./lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4356-pcie.txt

Any help is much appreciated. 

While this is going off topic slightly, as Just_A_User pointed out you may compile OpenWRT/LEDE for the device but many components that we ship with a firmware will be unavailable.

Idk if im just now noticing this or it is a change, but are you changing a lot of txt files to databases?  Landing page call out, ssid pool, etc.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:55 PM, Foxtrot said:

As I stated in the NANO thread for this firmware version, we had some ideas of the problem and it has now been fixed, ready for the next release.

Eeeexcellent ?

13 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Idk if im just now noticing this or it is a change, but are you changing a lot of txt files to databases?  Landing page call out, ssid pool, etc.

Yes, some things that used to be stored in text files are now stored in sqlite3 databases.

Still like the previous release I find that if I leave the Tetra running for 12 hours or so that eventually PineAP stops allowing me to connect to the Management Access Point, when connecting with an iPhone it says "incorrect password". However when I reboot the Tetra it then accepts the correct PSK and allows me to connect.

I can sometimes connect to an Open Access Point when this happens.

1 hour ago, PixL said:

Still like the previous release I find that if I leave the Tetra running for 12 hours or so that eventually PineAP stops allowing me to connect to the Management Access Point, when connecting with an iPhone it says "incorrect password". However when I reboot the Tetra it then accepts the correct PSK and allows me to connect.

I can sometimes connect to an Open Access Point when this happens.

How are you powering the TETRA?

I use a 12v 3A barrel charger that was sold as an LED powerpack.... should be plenty of power.

I think it had crashed the last time this happened, the logs for this time are blank although the AP was still being broadcast.  It seems to reboot it's self every 8-12 hours and after that it works again.

I've got an extra usb wifi nubbin plugged in the back and i've got 4 off 8dBi dual antennas fitted.

Noticed my timezone keeps resetting back to UTC.  The "Current Timezone" section

Hey everyone,

We just released firmware 2.1.0-RC2 with a lot of fixes and a couple of new features. Please test as much as you can, we really want the 2.1.0 release to be as stable as possible.

Download links and changelog can be found in the original post.

55 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

Please test as much as you can

Just me or?

unchecking the client connect/disconnect notification then hitting save PineAP settings resets check boxes to checked.

separate thing, its weird.

So I just randomized wlan0, wlan1mon mac addresses. Using airodump-ng on wlan2mon im checking they have changed and i have noticed im seeing an open network still using a  00:13:37 MAC, when I check ifconfig i can see its the MAC address of my tetra's eth1 which is the USB ethernet right? maybe someone else sees the same thing.

EDIT after a reboot the changes seemed to kick in. the 00:13:37 is now not visible and matches the mac shown on the network mac change page.strange though...

The more I use live and continuous recon scans the more i like them - and during normal scans it looks like we can leave the recon page and return and it has some memory of what it was doing ? thats super nice to have ❤️ i was using additional tabs in the past to get around that.

Im not sure if its something to do with me flashing RC2 over RC1? but im seeing some more weirdness with regards to PineAP and its controls.

In my tests I have been using a pool with a single test SSID network, i have 2 devices, one is looking for another open network the other looking for my test SSID. Im using airodump-ng or Horst on wlan2mon to watch the pineapple do its thing.

If I turn on beacon responses and ssid broadcast i see them both firing out responses and both my devices get sucked in and connect - great!. However if i then try to disable beacon response and then save PineAP settings it seems the pineapple continues to respond to beacon requests. I went a step further and disabled SSID broadcast and saved PineAP settings and can still see beacons being responded too. the only way it seems i can get it to stop is to restart PineAP.

I can repeat this over reboots and seems consistent as far as i can tell. Maybe i should re-flash 2.0.0 then go directly to RC2?

Archived