[RC Release] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.1.0-RC2

Sebkinne

Hi,

That's a fantastic news for the new firmware.

Do you think it will fix all the troubles with the modules (installed on sd card) like:

- a module that never starts

- a module that starts but nothing happends

- Impossible to deauthenticate a wireless ssid?

Best regards,

Michael

Hello! Thank you for your work!

Airodump-ng is still crashing when wifi network name have non RFC symbols.  Are you planning to fix it? (for some reason you do not have this problem in known issues).

Thank you in advance. 

23 minutes ago, awerqo said:

Hello! Thank you for your work!

Airodump-ng is still crashing when wifi network name have non RFC symbols.  Are you planning to fix it? (for some reason you do not have this problem in known issues).

Thank you in advance. 

We won't be fixing third party programs such as airodump. I would suggest opening an issue on their bugtracker instead.

Thanks for the quick response!

And the problem with not working rekon will be fixed? (If near pineapple wifi network with special characters in the range of action, it does not find anything). "WiFi Client Mode" also have a problem  - if there is a network with special characters in the radius of action (such as: абвгдежзийклмнопрстуфхцчшыьэюяАБВГДЕЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЫЬЭЮЯ) all the found networks  are displayed as undefined.

I asked about airodump because I thought it was the source of these problems.

3 hours ago, awerqo said:

And the problem with not working rekon will be fixed? (If near pineapple wifi network with special characters in the range of action, it does not find anything). "WiFi Client Mode" also have a problem  - if there is a network with special characters in the radius of action (such as: абвгдежзийклмнопрстуфхцчшыьэюяАБВГДЕЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЫЬЭЮЯ) all the found networks  are displayed as undefined.

I asked about airodump because I thought it was the source of these problems.

Hi,

I just got finished testing this with the 2.1.0 RC2, and I cannot reproduce this issue. Recon correctly outputs the SSID containing the characters you mention, as does airodump-ng.

I am unsure on what to suggest, other than there may be another factor causing your issues. I am very interested in solving the issues you're experiencing, and if you'd like to attach a .pcap of your wireless landscape, mention details about how airodump-ng behaves on a Linux computer, or other information, please make a new topic, or message myself, @Sebkinne or @Tesla on the forums.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, Foxtrot said:

Hi,

I just got finished testing this with the 2.1.0 RC2, and I cannot reproduce this issue. Recon correctly outputs the SSID containing the characters you mention, as does airodump-ng.

Just had something happen to me on release version while collecting SSID's this one did something: -

Selection_019.png

gÆisQÿJì)ͺ«òûãF|ÂTøèçvZ.c3É

Caused my SSID pool to disappear even though i could download it and see on dashboard over 30 SSID's none showed in the PineAP page list.- i cleared the pool and it started again no issues. no crash really just the visibility thing.

EDIT - Also effects the log in same way - not visible in log page but can download it and view.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 5:29 AM, Just_a_User said:

Just had something happen to me on release version while collecting SSID's this one did something: -

Selection_019.png

gÆisQÿJì)ͺ«òûãF|ÂTøèçvZ.c3É

Caused my SSID pool to disappear even though i could download it and see on dashboard over 30 SSID's none showed in the PineAP page list.- i cleared the pool and it started again no issues. no crash really just the visibility thing.

EDIT - Also effects the log in same way - not visible in log page but can download it and view.

my tetra just got one of these ssid's.  Also the other problem I had with the pool not showing up in the pineap tab was resolved by clearing the pool.  @Sebkinne FW 2.1.0 with the pineap update from the module manager

• 1 year later...

Archived