What are your views on TETRA

deano123

42 minutes ago, fernandoblazin said:

Its a cool black box, id wait to see if there gonna be a new firmware release before purchasing

There will be an updated firmware "soon" I am sure. I smell something cooking Mmmmmmm Mmmmmm

2 hours ago, fernandoblazin said:

Its a cool black box, id wait to see if there gonna be a new firmware release before purchasing

Was hoping to get RC1 out today, but it looks like it's moved back a couple of days due to some bugs with logging we have found. 

• 1 month later...

I really hate to have to leave a negative comment, but the damn thing hasn’t worked right since having it. I purchased this dev box 2 weeks ago thinking it would be an upgrade to the Mark V, which I also own. The MK5 was a very well crafted device, no issues with that device. The TETRA on the other hand drops my USB connection to my Alpha WiFi adapter, sometimes in 10min or 1 hr later. The system time & timestamps are always 24hrs in advance regardless how many times I set the global time Config to. The recon mode is literally a 50/50 if it will display any data or displays loading data for ever and nothing happens. The factory firmware that came with the device was even worse than the RC1 release I’m currently using. I’ve done 3 factory resets on it to no avail. Half the modules say the dependencies haven’t been installed, I go through the motions of installing them then it immediately goes back to the same message. On top of all that there are several other issues, there’s no documentation anywhere, wiki 1 pager was basically a sales pitch. My only hope is for an updated firmware release which fixes these items. 

5 hours ago, Maxwell8686 said:

Have they sorted the firmware yet 

We had RC1 then RC2 and now i think they are testing ready for release.

does the fake AP attack work?

Yes, unless you mean a fake encrypted network, thats still to come or has to be done manually ATM.

does the page have to be in PHP 

The page?

Will it successfully break WPS pin attacks?

That is more to do with the age of the router/device, so many now have locks and limit after so many failed pins. Some limit for an hour some limit until device is rebooted. Either way is is already possible to run reaver, wash etc from a SSH terminal.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:09 AM, Natedawgdoubleg said:

The TETRA on the other hand drops my USB connection to my Alpha WiFi adapter, sometimes in 10min or 1 hr later

I have been running my alfa on the tetras USB for over 40hrs using the RC1 and RC2 firmwares without any drops. Maybe the new firmware will resolve your issue once released, If not maybe its a power issue?

Also instead of a factory reset have you tried a Firmware recovery? I find it resets things better back to factory fresh.

I am contemplating buying one as well.  Just because the power and 5G radios I was considering the Tetra.  My question for this post is; I was thinking about getting the tactical, but I'm assuming it's just the normal tetra in the bag.  If you don't need the portability, will it come out of the bag and be a standard tetra?  Or does it require the battery pack that comes with the tactical and not have a standard wall plug?

Archived