Can AirDrop be used to hack you?

AJR

let's say that there is a "creative coder" (hacker) on one end of an AirDrop and an iPhone on the other could the hacker send a picture, video or file with some harmful code on it. Would this be a more modern version of bluejacking after all AirDrop does use Bluetooth? While if you have your airdrop turned off completely. But if your air drops on contacts only you would also think that you would be fine because it's not like your friends are going to try to hack you (well most people friends ours might) even on contacts only this is still a huge risk. Let me use an example out of a 100 people only 1 has airdrop on everyone his name is Bob so Bob gets hacked that not a really big deal but then Bob's phone starts airdropping to all his contacts and everyone near him with airdrop on everyone. And this same cycle happens, again and again, It's the weak link bob that got everyone infected even if they where on contacts only.                

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, AJR said:
let's say that there is a "creative coder" (hacker) on one end of an AirDrop and an iPhone on the other could the hacker send a picture, video or file with some harmful code on it. Would this be a more modern version of bluejacking after all AirDrop does use Bluetooth? While if you have your airdrop turned off completely. But if your air drops on contacts only you would also think that you would be fine because it's not like your friends are going to try to hack you (well most people friends ours might) even on contacts only this is still a huge risk. Let me use an example out of a 100 people only 1 has airdrop on everyone his name is Bob so Bob gets hacked that not a really big deal but then Bob's phone starts airdropping to all his contacts and everyone near him with airdrop on everyone. And this same cycle happens, again and again, It's the weak link bob that got everyone infected even if they where on contacts only.                

I wouldn't know specifically, however I would keep these points in mind;

• It's a wireless communication method. Wireless communication can be picked up by any appropriately created device within range.
  • It uses TLS encryption, for which there are multiple known attack vectors.
  • It is possible to embed malicious code in images/video, yes.
  • If a device isn't completely and utterly air-gapped from the outside world, it's externally hackable. Period.

Without knowing how one would go about it, yes, it's hackable.

Most things are, it's just a case of working out how.

• 1 month later...

Airdrop is a Web Application........most WA's today have vulnerabilities as a result of poor coding as most web developers have little idea about security.

Development time is not a relaxed environment as most corporations push their developers to meet deadlines and get it on the market earning $$

Airdrop likely has some area's of exploitation, you just gotta find em! ?️‍♂️

Edit: A wifi jammer wont help you with remote exploits so how does that provide you with security protection?

In fact, how would that even protect you locally?

Edited by r3plic4tor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I dont see a reason why people should painstakingly look about for apps and at the end it wont work the way it ought to. Having been in a situation before where I felt I needed to get proof to show her that she had been cheating before she would allow herself to be removed from the house, basically i suspected that she uses the whatsapp app more and has a face recognition security attached to it. I did what I had to do to save myself. If you are in that situation, be confident that it can be done. You may need to use a private investigator to be sure, if you have the funds to do so. you can contact via **REMOVED**

Hhh