Large Capacity MP3 Players

PixL

I currently use an iPod Classic with the hard drive swapped for an iFlash adapter and 2 x 256gb SD cards to replace them... I have also swapped the firmware for Rockbox (www.rockbox.org).

This all works great but I can't help think i'm running with outdated technology.....

What is there in existence for the music listener who would like to carry 512gb with him? :)

512 GB of music...

Alright.

1 hour ago, PixL said:

What is there in existence for the music listener who would like to carry 512gb with him? :)

These days most people buy a large mobile plan and stream music - or they get a plan that comes with some kind of Spotify subscription or something so they can stream music for free without using data.

I sounds like you got it down, and you have found what works for you, so why does it matter if the technology is outdated. There are no 1 tb mp3 players on the market (yet?) anyway. I was an avid amp3 player user, but I switched to streaming a couple of years ago, and I'm not turning back. When I know I won't have internet access, I just download. Some streaming services give you that option. Spotify does that.

I use Google Play music, and even though my entire library is easily too large for my phone's 64gig storage, I can still have all my favorite songs downloaded. There aren't many cases where I lose WiFi access for a long time, but even then I still have about 72 hours worth of songs I can listen too without access.

11 hours ago, barry99705 said:

That card is just as expensive as my first phone..

You know, I think a OnePlus 5T would be quite nice. Can't go wrong with 128GB SD and 8GB RAM out of the box :) Price is pretty generous though, but still underneath iPhones of a similar generation.
That said, the Xiaomi Black Shark is looking to be quite powerful too.