Choosing wlan1 will interfere with PineAP ?

SP2005

I'm trying to use PineAP Deamon and WIFI Client mode at the same time, but it is not possible. I can see the message "Choosing wlan1 will interfere with PineAP" and I guess that this is the problem, that I can't run both things at the same time.

I would like to use PineAP Deamon to broadcast the SSID pool and at the same time give internet access to my clients, but right now it wont work.

What can I do to get this working ?

A 3rd radio, is it a WIFI adapter that I plug into the USB port ?

And does it mean, that if I would like to broadcast the SSID pool, I can't give the users internet access without a WIFI adaptor ? I like the NANO because it's portal and easy to carry around, but if you can't give internet access at the same time I see this as a limitation.

19 minutes ago, SP2005 said:

A 3rd radio, is it a WIFI adapter that I plug into the USB port ?

Yes, it could be a wifi adapter that joins your mobile hotspot or a local network. It could also be a USB 3g/4g modem. Both keep you mobile and give clients internet access.

But yes to use the pineapple stand alone mobile running PineAP with internet access for clients you will need either a wifi adapter or  USB tethering to mobile or hotspot or USB modem.

42 minutes ago, SP2005 said:

Can you give me a hint ?

if the driver for the wifi adapter is present in the firmware it should populate wlan2 automatically. If it does not populate wlan2 it is likely you need to use another wifi adapter.

The Pineapples use Atheros devices so try to use them for best chance, However the Ralink 5370 also works and is relatively inexpensive.

I managed to get it working now :)

It was the TP-LINK AC 600 wifi adaptor that is not supported by the NANO. I had another wifi adaptor a AWUS036NH that works. When I plug it in I can see a wlan2 and select that instead of the wlan1.

Archived