An interesting conversation with k1u

Sparda

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan and a half Metatron. Was going to do a newbie questions section but the Questions section already seemed to cover that.

I think it works better as it’s on section, not just questions but everything that is noob related. Just make sure no one flames and people will use it.

Plan and a half Metatron. Was going to do a newbie questions section but the Questions section already seemed to cover that.

I think it works better as it’s on section, not just questions but everything that is noob related. Just make sure no one flames and people will use it.

that maybe good but i dont see noobs as a problem...unless if they are too many asking without searching...but if they aren't too many "we" can "educate" them to search first and ask later...!

I have never understood the hostility torwards noobs and hated the high and mighty stance of the "31337" hacker. I mean yeah, they can be annoying, phraseing questions improperly and ect.

Isn't one point of this community to educate and spread knowledge>? How does it help to make some kid feel like crap about something they may not even know is offensive to ask. These noobs are here to learn. They want know how stuff works, how to code, what hacking is about, and "how to" hack. Making them feel like shit is just gonna push them to not careing and becomming skiddies.

Everyone is a noob at something or was a noob at sometime, just think of how you felt getting flamed. Its annoying to have someone who obviously knows what you want to learn just shit all over you because they thinks its fun to be a bully. Grow up. Show a little matureity. Teach the noob, be a mentor, not an asshole.

I'm fine with newbies, they're great, I love it when people want to learn and even more so if I have something I can teach them.

However, it's the ones with bad grammar who've probably been turned away from just about every other forum *ever* because they're either asking for a tool to/info on how to hack their friend's/boss'/dog's/brother's computer just to be a pain in the ass or for 'revenge' using language most kids who seem to SMS for a living wouldn't even understand.

That and the people who've apparently never heard of a search engine. Sure, it's probably more mature to tell them the answer that to say "fucking google it, noob" but to be honest if they tried to help themselves a little more then they wouldn't get that response. Again, I'm happy to help but only if the person is unwilling to help themselvese then it's pretty pointless trying to teach them anything.

People become hostile towards people like this because it gets very, very tedious to keep saying "that's not what hacking's about/don't fuck with school computers/don't be a dick with people's CD trays/stop being such a dimwitted fool" several times a week.

Everyone is a noob at something or was a noob at sometime, just think of how you felt getting flamed. Its annoying to have someone who obviously knows what you want to learn just shit all over you because they thinks its fun to be a bully. Grow up. Show a little matureity. Teach the noob, be a mentor, not an asshole.

I grow up on Acorn Atoms, bbc's and Commodore 64’s. I could code before I had hair on my balls, I was never a noob. :D

Woah! I feel so young.

I learned coding by porting BASIC programs that a buddy had on his Commodore 64 over to our monstrous Ericsson 8086 with 512kb ram and a whopping 20 gig harddisk. Boy, those were the days...

Fast forward 20 years and my cellphone has about 100 times the computing power as that old machine. It's amazing to see the rate at which technology progresses. I do get the distinct impression that it's slowing down a tad though.

I grow up on Acorn Atoms, bbc's and Commodore 64’s. I could code before I had hair on my balls, I was never a noob.

HAHA, damn thats lucky of you. I was poor as hell growing up and didnt even have a computer in my home till I was almost out of it. Only had the APPLE II's at my H.S.(yeah that poor of a community).

Its amazing to think of what kids are learning on today, probubbly dual-core cpu, couple gigs ram, 250gb+ harddirve.

I grow up on Acorn Atoms, bbc's and Commodore 64’s. I could code before I had hair on my balls, I was never a noob.

HAHA, damn thats lucky of you. I was poor as hell growing up and didnt even have a computer in my home till I was almost out of it. Only had the APPLE II's at my H.S.(yeah that poor of a community).

Its amazing to think of what kids are learning on today, probubbly dual-core cpu, couple gigs ram, 250gb+ harddirve.

And they will think it was bad ass to learn on that stuff when THEIR kids start learning.

And they will think it was bad ass to learn on that stuff when THEIR kids start learning.

Computers have gotten more user friendly over the years. Computers before the BBC’s, Acorns and Commodores of the world, where much harder to use and FORTRAN is a bitch to learn.

With the introduction of the GUI, computers have become easy to use for everyone from kids to coffin dodgers.

The university I work for (I’m flying back home on the 1st, so no more free time) has number of old IBM mainframes so I know how to use/fix them but there not something I would choose to use as there only for a historical purpose.

The university I work for (I’m flying back home on the 1st, so no more free time) has number of old IBM mainframes so I know how to use/fix them but there not something I would choose to use as there only for a historical purpose.

Hey metatron don't be a stranger, you're a great asset to the forums, and always help out.

And now that I think about it, when metatron left we got a whole bunch of n00bs, and non when he came back.... I think he scares off the I wanna haxz my school type n00bs.

Thats why I'm now offering Metatron branded anti-spam forum mods at the low low price of just £9.99 a month. (warning: Product is entirely vaporware. Your money will be used to fund traffic in drugs and cheap floozies.)

• 7 months later...

I sincerely apologize for bumping this old thread.

He hasn't changed a bit from the day you posted this. Infact he is worse than ever. Just as arrogant.

He has absolutely no humbleness in him at all. He thinks he is a GOD among commoners.

I hope he gets pwned hard oneday. Maybe then he'll learn not to be a jackass to everyone....

Im a former friend of k1u's. Im just a gamer, and know absolutely nothing about hacking or pc technology.

he tricked me.

He hasn't changed a bit from the day you posted this. Infact he is worse than ever. Just as arrogant.

He has absolutely no humbleness in him at all. He thinks he is a GOD among commoners.

I hope he gets pwned hard oneday. Maybe then he'll learn not to be a jackass to everyone....

Im a former friend of k1u's. Im just a gamer, and know absolutely nothing about hacking or pc technology.

he tricked me.

Give me infos!  I'll pwn him hard.

This was almost 2 years ago. . .

I just looked back on it.  I was a n00b and a fool back then.  I was about 13 back then and I as many others came on forums and tried to look cool and act like a "1337 hacker".  I was the forum n00b and I deserved that title.  I made up stuff so that I could look to Sparda. . .  I was a immature child at that time.  It is good that I see this post to remember how much I have matured in this time period.  That is really all I can say.

he tricked me.

Give me infos!  I'll pwn him hard.

lol <3 TomB

ps have i missed  anything major during my absence ?

lots of people seem to have joined ...

This was almost 2 years ago. . .

I just looked back on it.  I was a n00b and a fool back then.  I was about 13 back then and I as many others came on forums and tried to look cool and act like a "1337 hacker".  I was the forum n00b and I deserved that title.  I made up stuff so that I could look to Sparda. . .  I was a immature child at that time.  It is good that I see this post to remember how much I have matured in this time period.  That is really all I can say.

um this wasn't even one year ago....

>_> and you have really not matured much since this thread was posted. The only difference may be your knowledge about certain things. You still have the same arrogance and the same "im better than everyone else" attitude. I had alot of patience with you. I tried to be your friend, but you wouldn't respect me...

I could easily give these people alot of info about you to make your life difficult, but i wont becuase im not an asshole... :-x