!~!!!~!

[20:57:14] Boris says:

HELLO

[20:57:22] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

i need ur help

[20:57:36] Boris says:

why else would you speak to me? lol

[20:57:48] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

sum dood told me that he reported my ip address to AOL and that he wantsto see me in ocurt

[20:57:52] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

i dont use AOL

[20:58:04] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

so i dont know why he reported my IP address

[20:58:12] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

is he bluffing or what?

[20:58:30] Boris says:

reported you for what?

[20:58:40] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

pwning

[20:58:57] Boris says:

please be a little more specific

[20:58:57] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

12 servers

[20:58:58] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

[20:59:15] Boris says:

and I bet it wasn't pwning any way, more likly skidying

[20:59:45] Boris says:

and who do these servers belong to?

[21:00:32] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

i dunno

[21:00:38] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

sum gay game servers

[21:00:56] Boris says:

in what way did you 'pwn' these servers?

[21:01:03] Boris says:

unauthorised root access?

[21:01:30] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

me my bro and redwind basically got into there ftp servers and cleared EVERYTHING

[21:01:35] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

they had on them

[21:01:45] Boris says:

and you did that why?

[21:02:07] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

cuz the dood said that microsft is teh owners

[21:02:21] Boris says:

right...

[21:02:29] K1u_-{^_^}-_K0H says:

i gtg

OMG, WTF?!

I really don't understand that conversation at all... and I was half of it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the skiddies will disappear one day...and in that day the internet will be a better place... until then...

I so wish for that day to grace us soon

Hak.5 would be dead if that happened. I would say at least 95% of the user’s/watchers would be categorised as a skiddie.

the skiddies will disappear one day...and in that day the internet will be a better place... until then...

Hak.5 would be dead if that happened. I would say at least 95% of the user’s/watchers would be categorised as a skiddie.

True...*sighs*

True...*sighs*

true... but maybe hak5 can turn that skiddies into hackers or at least make them see that be skiddie sucks and that is stupid...

The irony is that when i first came here, I was a skiddy myself. And in some respects I still am, I would still rather use off the shelf stuff, and modify it to suit my needs rather than build something from scratch. I don't know how to program, and probally will never be any good at it even if I learn. All I can do with computers is take bits that other people have made, alter them to suit me and link it all together with 8 miles of undocumented cabling/code.

True...*sighs*

true... but maybe hak5 can turn that skiddies into hackers or at least make them see that be skiddie sucks and that is stupid...

Never going to happen, for every 100 “skiddie†only 1 or 2 will ever move past that phase, they lose interest and move on to something else. Hak.5 is an entertaining show, but it’s very much targeted at “noobs†with most of them being a “skiddieâ€.

It’s takes effort and time to learn a language, develop an understanding and want more out of what there doing, instead of just getting bragging rights.

Hak.5 gives you a brief overview on a area that could be seen as entertaining, they do not go into depth or into more complex areas, as they would kill there ratings and they would not be where they are today. I also doubt they would move forward as a show/ production company if they did.

They do attract a few advanced users, but they are mainly drawn in by the cast and the humour they infuse into each show.

True...*sighs*

Never going to happen, for every 100 “skiddie†only 1 or 2 will ever move past that phase, they lose interest and move on to something else. Hak.5 is an entertaining show, but it’s very much targeted at “noobs†with most of them being a “skiddieâ€.

It’s takes effort and time to learn a language, develop an understanding and want more out of what there doing, instead of just getting bragging rights.

Hak.5 gives you a brief overview on a area that could be seen as entertaining, they do not go into depth or into more complex areas, as they would kill there ratings and they would not be where they are today. I also doubt they would move forward as a show/ production company if they did.

They do attract a few advanced users, but they are mainly drawn in by the cast and the humour they infuse into each show.

yeah maybe you ar right... :wink:

True...*sighs*

I don’t know what the Hak.5 future plan is, and I doubt they have any strategic planning in place, but I’m sure at some point they want to turn a profit and turn a time consuming hobby into a fulltime, well paying job or maybe use Hak.5 as a stepping stone into full time TV work, this mains that the “skiddie†and the “noobs†which are in the majority are the right group to target.

So as long as Hak.5 exists, it will be flooded with “skiddie†and the “noobsâ€.

True...*sighs*

There are rules on the forum that means that it's likely a skidies first post will get locked, at which point they will probably lose interest in the forum.

There are rules on the forum that means that it's likely a skidies first post will get locked, at which point they will probably lose interest in the forum.

Still any mass ban is out of the question to bring the forum and IRC back to its original quality. You only get banned if you repeatedly act like a douche bag.

Its a hard call... we (the admins/mods) can't just start mass banning of people we don't think are our sort. All we can do is ban the worst of them, and hoping the rest of the people here start listening. Maybe we should be tougher, but again its a hard call to make. If the place gets to elitist then it dies, if its to n00b friendly we lose the more advanced people.

Its a hard call... we (the admins/mods) can't just start mass banning of people we don't think are our sort. All we can do is ban the worst of them, and hoping the rest of the people here start listening. Maybe we should be tougher, but again its a hard call to make. If the place gets to elitist then it dies, if its to n00b friendly we lose the more advanced people.

The BinRev forums are a good example of controlling the quality of posts. They have lots of sections and a "Nubie HQ" section, in which you are not allowed to flam anyone. This allows for easy control of the content, as if you post something completely stupid outside of "Nubie HQ" you will be flamed, it also means that comments like “Fucking Google it†will not appear and if they do they are deleted.