Nano - Crashing/Freezing

sweeper707

Hi

I bought a Wifi PineApple Nano running on 2.0.2 and after setting up a few settings the nano crashes.  It hasn't worked well since.

Preface:

• Version: 2.0.2
  • IP: 172.16.42.1:1471
  • Running on Windows 7 SP1 x64 Enterprise (VMware Workstation) Guest VM
  • Host Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
  • Windows 7 Internet Sharing setup, able to download bulletins and modules
  • No Antivirus, Firewalls, or security software running on either Host or Guest VM.

Issues:

• I am running Wifi PineApple Nano within a Windows 7 VMware Workstation VM.  (Windows 10 does not work as Internet Sharing is no longer possible on 1709)
  • At first I tried using the Recon Scan and put it into Continuous Mode.  However that doesn't seem to reliably work and does seem to crash the nano more often now.  When I run the Recon Scan manually it works better but it is not consistent, sometimes it works without issue, other times it just stops working. Just before it crashes the cpu goes to 100%
  • Although the device seems to crash, SSH still seems to work.

Plan:

• Try running this on a physical Windows 7 box but base on the fact the module for recon just freezes not sure if that will resolve anything.

Question:

• Has anyone experienced this?  Anyone have any more recent tutorial on how to use this without having the pineapple free every time i try to use it ..?

take the y cable and plug one end into the computer for data and the other into a portable battery with at least a 5v2a rating or a usb wall adapter with at least 5v2a.  Not having enough power for the pineapple has caused a lot of people problems and some usb ports wont power it to its full potential.  The nano needs 5v2a for full power.

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

take the y cable and plug one end into the computer for data and the other into a portable battery with at least a 5v2a rating or a usb wall adapter with at least 5v2a.  Not having enough power for the pineapple has caused a lot of people problems and some usb ports wont power it to its full potential.  The nano needs 5v2a for full power.

This is what I would recommend.  A lot of battery packs offer 5V 2A charging now.

8 hours ago, sweeper707 said:

Unit is being powered by USB 2.0 Ports being powered by desktop computer.  Should I try a USB AC Adapter?

USB 2.0 ports usually are 500ma to 1A.  You have to be careful also with usb wall adapters beacuse some say 2A rating but only offer that to devices that have fast charge tech(like some cellphone models), leaving the adapter only providing 1A to the device. 

Archived