No internet access for Clients on open SSID

RayvenHawk

I've tried to Google my issue like crazy and read plenty of posts here that seem to have my issue but none say how the issue was resolved. So I'm hoping someone can give me a hand.

I have a Wifi Pineapple Nano and I'm running Windows 10, I've setup ICS and configured the Wifi Pineapple to use IP 172.16.42.42/24. I've updated the route with this IP for the br-lan on the Webportal page. I'm able to download modules and see the bulletin no problem.

I connect my Android phone to the open SSID on the Pineapple and it connects but doesn't have any internet service. This is currently the issue I'm facing, I've disabled my PC firewall & A/V just in case it was interfering with ICS.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm tempted to factory reset my Nano and re-configure in the off chance I made a config change early on and this is causing all my headaches.

6 hours ago, RayvenHawk said:

Anyone have any ideas? I'm tempted to factory reset my Nano and re-configure in the off chance I made a config change early on and this is causing all my headaches.

we could spend hours pinning down the root cause... or, you could do a factory reset followed by a firmware recovery (if that didnt work) in a few minutes. Sometimes the path of least resistance is the best option.

It could also be windows, i have seen a lot of windows issues with ICS.

Archived