Create a Secured Pineapple

Anthony Furt

Hi, I want to use the Pineapple in an defensive mode, and as well it works like a regular router, for example:

- To detect another Pineapple working in Rogue AP mode.

- Can open ports.

- MAC filter.

-  VPN.

Do you pls know whats firmware like OpenWRT or another like this I could use? 

Thank you,

Not sure why you would want to use your pineapple as a std router but to each there own :) I answer your first point, the others you can research on the OpenWRT/LEDE. Someone recently cooked up the latest LEDE 14 build for there pineapple so if you have a search in the forums you should see something.

9 minutes ago, Anthony Furt said:

- To detect another Pineapple working in Rogue AP mode.

It will be not a std router it will be a secured one, VPN inside, only white list can connect to the pineapple, you can control the ports you wan't to open or close, something like this, thank you for the info Just _a_User

12 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Someone recently cooked up the latest LEDE 14 build for there pineapple

Actually, all devices except for the Tetra (working on it) and the bunny (not applicable) are now supported in stock OpenWrt. You can download stock firmwares from downloads.openwrt.org or compile yourself from source. 

That said, those firmwares are completely free of any pineapple related code apart from the actual hardware support. 

Nice

36 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

You can download stock firmwares from downloads.openwrt.org or compile yourself from source

So im guessing most of the images would be from the http://archive.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05.1/ar71xx/generic/ feed? if so which device would you download for?

And I assume the tetra would be the NAND branch not the generic? once its available.

50 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

That said, those firmwares are completely free of any pineapple related code apart from the actual hardware support. 

Thats a given, but is nice for EOL usage. Kinda reassuring that old pineapples can have a openwrt/lede retirement :)

9 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

So im guessing most of the images would be from the http://archive.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05.1/ar71xx/generic/ feed? if so which device would you download for?

Nope, they are in the snapshot directory, and will be in the next stable release directory once Openwrt releases that. 

The firmware files contain the product name, so only flash the correct files. 

And I assume the tetra would be the NAND branch not the generic? once its available.

This is correct, yeah. 

Thats a given, but is nice for EOL usage. Kinda reassuring that old pineapples can have a openwrt/lede retirement :)

:) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry we had a lot of work, I'm in the project again to securerize the pineapple. I get a lot of versions of the Openwrt LEDE, wat's the hardware of the Pineapple so I can Install the correct .bin file? I get this: https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/ar71xx/generic/ But i don't know wich one to use.

Thank You