os scan and updated features

Alt3ma

its been a while since i last used my wifi pine apple nano, ( my firware is sitting on version 1 something i think, i ofcourse do plan to flash mine to the latest build as soon as i re cheke the contents of my pine apples sd card.) just a quick question can the updated firmware for the pine apple do a os or device scan of connected devices. i have seen this feature on simular man in the middle wifi kits i have on my nethunter phone such as csploit and wifi kill. so i assumed over time the pineapple would be able to do this as well. i do plan to search the forums and the internet and see what has changed with the pine apple and its new features but if some one would be kind to direct me to a few use full links that they think would be interesting for some one picking up there pine apple after not playing with it for close to two years that would be awesome. thank you for your time community. 

1 minute ago, pictureofham said:

The pineapple's newest firmware allows a user to cross-reference the device's MAC address with a list, but internet access is required for that. Install the module for nmap and there are OS scans that can be activated from within nmap.

Thank you :) 

No problem, nmap is a great tool and you will continue to hear all about almost no matter where you end up within the tech field. It's used for network port scanning, so at best, it guesses what the OS is but with a high degree of accuracy. Definitely learn as much as you can about nmap!

Nmap isn't anything new for me and is one of the most important tools I use I was just hoping a device detection would have been added to the recon/pine ap suite tab to help streamline use of the pine apple. I will likely code the feature myself as there are a few other features I would like the nano to have that I have knowticed there aren't any moduals for. I used to run the ethernet from my older mk 5 into a Wireshark tap to the router and it was amazing...maybe something to work on with my tetra after I get my nano to were I am happy. :) 

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, pictureofham said:

The pineapple's newest firmware allows a user to cross-reference the device's MAC address with a list, but internet access is required for that. Install the module for nmap and there are OS scans that can be activated from within nmap.

Hi, the Pineapple Nano just gets better with the latest firmware updates. The issues I am having (a few others reported the same) is that it tends to run 'hot', but apart from that it does what it is designed to do. Hak5 guys 🔥🔥🔥just keep things going superbly 😎

Archived