Jump to content

[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.0.2


Sebkinne
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foxtrot,

Not particularly helpful. Not everyone has your proficiency, so maybe the courtesy of a complete answer to the actual question? In the context of the question, the notion of toggling the deny filter sounds confusing. I’m fully aware of how to toggle the option. Are you saying that to allow clients to associate to the open SSID, the toggle of the filter to “deny” is a requirement? 

If so, that is what I’m finding a bit confusing as to why you would have to, and if that is a recent change to the operation of the open network.

Thanks.

Edited by ki2k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ki2k said:

Are you saying that to allow clients to associate to the open SSID, the toggle of the filter to “deny” is a requirement? 

You can either set it to deny and add mac addresses you wish to deny access (if you add none will allow all including devices you maybe don't own or have permission to test - illegal) or leave it as allow and add mac addresses you wish to allow access (more targeted)

The wiki is a pretty good https://wifipineapple.github.io/wifipineapple-wiki//#!management.md

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks- maybe I’m losing my mind here, as I understand it exactly this way, as you describe- and finding that the “allow all” is what’s not working.That spawned my original question on 2.0.2 specifically, because that’s the point where it seemed to stop working (for me, on both devices).

I will run both the 2.0.2 Tetra and Nano again today and see if that is really and truly not working on both or if I had just been at it too long last night.

Would love for somebody that also has 2.0.2 to try it, allowing all (this is for training a bunch of new Tetra users) and tell me that it is working or not for them.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ki2k said:

Would love for somebody that also has 2.0.2 to try it, allowing all (this is for training a bunch of new Tetra users) and tell me that it is working or not for them.

Im running 2.0.2 on both my nano and tetra and both working OK for me/as expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to know, and helpful. Will press on not wondering if a bug in play. Is one of those things that I've done successfully countless times, so when it stops working it feels weird. Let me go find what the man in the mirror is doing wrong.

 

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey ! It seems to have an issue with fstab:

root@Pineapple:/# mount -a
mount: can't read '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory

fstab is linked in /tmp

root@Pineapple:~# ls -la /etc | grep fstab
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            10 Dec 25 22:26 fstab -> /tmp/fstab

But there is not fstab file in /tmp :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what Whistle Master is referring to (?) but I believe I have located the source of my angst. I'll start by saying I found the What, but not the Why- and it is on both my Tetra and Nano. 

Again, the original problem was no client connectivity to the open network, which to me felt like a new condition in 2.0.2. Just_a_User was kind enough to point out https://wifipineapple.github.io/wifipineapple-wiki//#!management.md on the topic of filters, which I had a decent handle on but it's always good to re-read for sanity.  Fired up both units again today, and again no client connectivity on the open network.

Out of desperation on Tetra, toggle client filter off of Deny to Allow. Then toggle back. Now it works... OK, now to Nano. Try the same thing with filter button. It seemingly took longer to "take" the change back, but now it too is taking clients.

The "feel" is that the filter looked right/acted wrong until the toggle, FWIW. Will watch subsequent power down/up cycles to see if this repeats. 

I first noticed on my 2.0.2 Tetra, then checked my 1.0.x Nano- which did not behave the same way. Then when I went to 2.0.2 on that Nano, exact same behavior started.  FWIW.  More to follow if I find anything else in this regard worth sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Whistle Master said:

Hey ! It seems to have an issue with fstab:


root@Pineapple:/# mount -a
mount: can't read '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory

fstab is linked in /tmp


root@Pineapple:~# ls -la /etc | grep fstab
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            10 Dec 25 22:26 fstab -> /tmp/fstab

But there is not fstab file in /tmp :wink:

This isn't an issue, just a now defunct soft link to a file we no longer ship with the firmware (fstab is done with UCI).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for taking so long on fixing the issue with missing libraries. I have just uploaded libnet0, libnet1, and libnids to our package repository. You should be able to install / run any packages now that require those libraries.

I have also made sure that these packages are included in the next firmware release (soon :))

Best regards,
Sebkinne

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2018 at 7:13 AM, Sebkinne said:

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for taking so long on fixing the issue with missing libraries. I have just uploaded libnet0, libnet1, and libnids to our package repository. You should be able to install / run any packages now that require those libraries.

I have also made sure that these packages are included in the next firmware release (soon :))

Best regards,
Sebkinne

Seb,

Have you been able to get to the bottom of the wifi driver issues and the interface dropping under certain traffic conditions?  If I leave my tetra running after a period of time my Secure management AP will disappear and I will left with just the open APs but then often these will also fail to accept connections.  This is not because of the filters being set wrong.

I think the most important thing for the pineapple to work well is to ensure it provides super stable wireless performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My Tetra seems to be unresponsive since trying to update to firmware v2.0.2.

I downloaded the firmware to my Windows PC, connected via USB and changed ip address and netmask to192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

Then connected to 192.168.1.1 via Firefox and 'Firmware Update' page loaded correctly. Browsed to downloaded firmware and selected 'Update Firmware'. The page then changed to indicate the firmware had been uploaded and please wait etc...

The Tetra LED just stayed constant yellow for over 30 minutes.

Now on power up, it just stays constant yellow and holding down the reset button doesnt initiate factory reset.

I am still able to connect to it via 192.168.1.1 and select to update firmware and it will state it has uploaded and then it just hangs again.

Is there any other way I can connect while it's in this state?

 

Many Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10.3.2018 at 8:05 PM, gixxa said:

Hi,

My Tetra seems to be unresponsive since trying to update to firmware v2.0.2.

I downloaded the firmware to my Windows PC, connected via USB and changed ip address and netmask to192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

Then connected to 192.168.1.1 via Firefox and 'Firmware Update' page loaded correctly. Browsed to downloaded firmware and selected 'Update Firmware'. The page then changed to indicate the firmware had been uploaded and please wait etc...

The Tetra LED just stayed constant yellow for over 30 minutes.

Now on power up, it just stays constant yellow and holding down the reset button doesnt initiate factory reset.

I am still able to connect to it via 192.168.1.1 and select to update firmware and it will state it has uploaded and then it just hangs again.

Is there any other way I can connect while it's in this state?

 

Many Thanks

I suggest attempting a firmware recovery, using the factory-firmware.
Instructions and firmware can be found on wifipineapple.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, just got a Tetra today and updated the firmware to 2.0.2, I have an issue where after enabling the PineAP daemon and ticking the bottom 2 radio buttons (beacon response and broadcast ssid pool) the tetra seems to crash and reboot after clicking save PineAP settings. It only happens when those 2 radio buttons are ticked, no problems with the other buttons checked. Is this a known glitch? Can someone test and let me know?

Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...