USB Power Prime To Eliminate Boot Time

bg-wa

I remember this being a topic a while back and I couldn't find a dedicated thread. So, I thought I would share how I was able to eliminate boot time, by priming the Bash Bunny with a USB power supply, then use the new SWITCH extension to instantly execute a payload when I plug-in/toggle switch.  This could be super useful if you had to, say, wait 15 seconds for a web-server to boot up on your Bunny...

The cable I used is included in the Pineapple Nano:

1.jpg

The (Super Simple) Code:

https://github.com/bg-wa/bashbunny-payloads/blob/warmup/payloads/library/general/warmup/payload.txt

(There is probably a better way to automatically wait for the device to be plugged in, but SWITCH worked for this POC.)

You beated me to it. I was about to upload this to my other post anout konboot bunny but had the upload size issue and was too lazy to fix. 

Will check out this payload later!

Do you think this need cucumber enabled?

Yep, @Rinilyn. Your post reminded me to go back and look at this.  I just though I'd put it in an easier to find location, rather than bury it in your post. 

In my tests I didn't need to do anything with Cucumber.  I would have liked it to auto-detect the OS like you had mentioned (or faster yet, just the TARGET_IP), but trying to set the attackmode to eth, without the bunny plugged in, stalled the script and didn't execute any code following the attackmode.  The solution I found, using SWITCH, doesn't automatically continue your script, but toggling the switch is an easy solution at this point. 

In the future I'd like to figure out a way to automate this.  My next attempt will be enabling storage, and trying to detect when the Bunny is mounted, then continue the script... Sounds easy enough right?

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2018 at 1:39 AM, bg-wa said:

I remember this being a topic a while back and I couldn't find a dedicated thread. So, I thought I would share how I was able to eliminate boot time, by priming the Bash Bunny with a USB power supply, then use the new SWITCH extension to instantly execute a payload when I plug-in/toggle switch.  This could be super useful if you had to, say, wait 15 seconds for a web-server to boot up on your Bunny...

The cable I used is included in the Pineapple Nano:

1.jpg

The (Super Simple) Code:

https://github.com/bg-wa/bashbunny-payloads/blob/warmup/payloads/library/general/warmup/payload.txt

(There is probably a better way to automatically wait for the device to be plugged in, but SWITCH worked for this POC.)

So if i plug in my bash bunny, it will eliminate boot time when i plug it in, How long should i do it for?

Archived