jimpurple

Open SSID Not Connecting

Hello,

Picked up a new Pineapple TETRA and have run into a strange problem.  I have setup the Management SSID and connected to it with no issues.  I currently have an Ethernet cable connected to the device which is connected to my Internet access point.  When connected to the Management SSID, I can download bulletins and updates so I have confirmed the network is working properly.  However, I am having an issue with the Open SSID.  I set the SSID to Testing (Also tried a few other names) and unchecked Hide Open SSID.  I can see the SSID broadcasting but when I attempt to connect to it via a laptop or mobile device, I am unable.  The message I receive is "Can't connect to this network".  

Clearly I have missed something that is probably ridiculously obvious and I have also tried a factory reset.  I have older pineapples and have no run into this issue.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

-Jim

On 2/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, jimpurple said:

Hello,

Picked up a new Pineapple TETRA and have run into a strange problem.  I have setup the Management SSID and connected to it with no issues.  I currently have an Ethernet cable connected to the device which is connected to my Internet access point.  When connected to the Management SSID, I can download bulletins and updates so I have confirmed the network is working properly.  However, I am having an issue with the Open SSID.  I set the SSID to Testing (Also tried a few other names) and unchecked Hide Open SSID.  I can see the SSID broadcasting but when I attempt to connect to it via a laptop or mobile device, I am unable.  The message I receive is "Can't connect to this network".  

Clearly I have missed something that is probably ridiculously obvious and I have also tried a factory reset.  I have older pineapples and have no run into this issue.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

-Jim

Go to the filter section and change DENY to ALLOW.....