Internet Sharing Connection Setup

Van

In need of assistant to setup Internet sharing, I have the latest version and create an account but I can't get my Internet Sharing to work.  Trying to locate a tutorial video but didn't find one on Tetra and Window10 setup.

Newbie to HAK5

So, are you trying to share your internet connection with your pineapple? There are several ways you can do this. If your wired network is a standard home network, you can plug a cable from the wall straight into the pineapple's standard ethernet port, and it should be connected just like that.

The best way to check if your pineapple is connected to the internet is to try and load the bulletins from the first tab, try to load the modules pane, or check for firmware updates. If you can do those, than great job, your pinecone has internet.

It is also possible to connect to a wifi network using the pineapple, but this prevents you from using PineAP unless you have a USB wifi adapter that is compatible with the pineapple. Just go to the networking tab in the pineapple menu and input the info in the "Wifi Client Mode" section.

If you are using a corporate network or a university network (these generally require both a username and a password to connect, not just a password) then you can share a desktop or laptop's internet with your pineapple. If your pc has multiple ethernet ports, or wifi and an ethernet port, or if you have various usb-wifi or usb-ethernet interfaces, or any combination of those, you should be set. Go to your windows network settings, find the "change adapter options" panel, and right-click on the interface that is providing internet to your pc . Click "properties", then "sharing", and check the "enable sharing" box and select the interface that is connected from your pc to your pineapple. You should then be connected properly. Any one of these options will connect your pineapple to the internet.

If what you mean by internet sharing is simply using your pineapple as a normal router to connect wifi devices to, go to the networking settings and enable the Management AP. Give it a nice name, a memorable but hard to guess password, and uncheck the "disable" and "hide" boxes. You may want to disable the open AP as well, since anyone can connect to it, but you could also just use the open AP itself.

I think that's everything.

No Sir,  I'm trying to share the internet connection from the main cable modem/router through WiFi to the Pineapple Tetra.  I can get to the dashboard and I have created a Username and password.  I just can't get a connection to pull/get modules from WifiPineapple.com nor check for upgrade. 

Error read:  No connection please check internet setting

• 2 years later...

I am trying to share my internet connection to the pineapple through the USB cable. I did this

On 2/1/2018 at 8:25 PM, The Power Company said:

If you are using a corporate network or a university network (these generally require both a username and a password to connect, not just a password) then you can share a desktop or laptop's internet with your pineapple. If your pc has multiple ethernet ports, or wifi and an ethernet port, or if you have various usb-wifi or usb-ethernet interfaces, or any combination of those, you should be set. Go to your windows network settings, find the "change adapter options" panel, and right-click on the interface that is providing internet to your pc . Click "properties", then "sharing", and check the "enable sharing" box and select the interface that is connected from your pc to your pineapple. You should then be connected properly. Any one of these options will connect your pineapple to the internet.

But after doing it i lose connection to the pineapple for some reason. Unsharing my internet with it, allows me to acces the pineapple on the ip adress again.
***EDIT

I forgot to assign a correct static ip address...

Archived