Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanderingnut

Ducky cant type Special Keys like GUI

Recommended Posts

I seem to be having issues with my rubber ducky. I used the ducky-flasher utility to flash my ducky to the twin duck, then back to the original firmware. I have a basic script to test and I am not getting anything.

but I am not even getting the windows menu on any of the three computers I have tried. Am I missing something? I have tried an online encoder as well as my encoder on my laptop with a US keyboard but nothing. It is saved as inject.bin and put on the root directory of the drive.

Here is the script I am trying that is not working. I have replaced "CONTROL ESCAPE" with "GUI" and "WINDOWS" to no avail

DELAY 3000

CONTROL ESCAPE

DELAY 500

STRING Notepad

DELAY 200

ENTER

DELAY 2000

STRING TEST

DELAY 200

ENTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try GUI r instead if you want to get the "Run" dialog ;)

CONTROL ESCAPE only opens the start menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broti said:

Try GUI r instead if you want to get the "Run" dialog ;)

CONTROL ESCAPE only opens the start menu. 

I have tried that, but I can't even get the start menu. I had notepad open and plugged in the ducky and got "eNotepad" then "test".. it types strings and enter correctly, but I can't get the start menu or run dialog at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's kinda strange. What version of Windows do you have and could you test the attached inject.bin?

DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING notepad.exe
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING Hello World
ENTER
REPEAT 2

 

inject.bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Broti said:

That's kinda strange. What version of Windows do you have and could you test the attached inject.bin?


DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING notepad.exe
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING Hello World
ENTER
REPEAT 2

 

inject.bin

It is Windows 10 build 1709. 

Your inject.bin worked. It opened the run box, then notepad, then typed "Hello World" and then put 3 new lines. 

I think part of my problem was that I was probably putting "GUI R" not "GUI r"

I still dont know why "WINDOWS" or "GUI" or "CONTROL ESCAPE" doesnt bring up the windows menu, but that is just a small issue. Im sure as I learn more I'll figure something out.

Thanks guys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wanderingnut said:

I still dont know why "WINDOWS" or "GUI" or "CONTROL ESCAPE" doesnt bring up the windows menu, but that is just a small issue.

The Ducky Script 101 can answer that question: https://www.hak5.org/gear/duck/ducky-script-usb-rubber-ducky-101

GUI/WINDOWS simulates a hold key. So CONTROL ESCAPE is the right choice for start menu.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Broti said:

The Ducky Script 101 can answer that question: https://www.hak5.org/gear/duck/ducky-script-usb-rubber-ducky-101

GUI/WINDOWS simulates a hold key. So CONTROL ESCAPE is the right choice for start menu.

 

Its been a while since I read the book, but that makes a lot of sense! but yes, CTRL ESCAPE does bring it up. I guess I need to go read the book again :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...