Aireplay-ng deauth attack not working?

spyfly

Hey.

I'm having some trouble kicking clients off a certain access point.

Everything seems to be working fine, until i launch the aireplay-ng deauth attack, I have double checked the MAC addresses, of both the AP and client.

I tried changing the channel manually when I set up airmon-ng wlan0 'channel' to match the AP but it doesn't seem to help.

Commands i use:

Sudo ifconfig wlan0 down

sudo airmon-ng start wlan0

sudo airodump-ng mon0

sudo aireplay -0 0 -a 'MAC of access point' -c 'MAC of client' mon0

It replies:

"Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: "...") on channel 9

"No such BSSID available"

I have tried putting in the ESSID insted with -e "ESSID of access point", but it returns the same.

There's a link for screenshots here:

https://imgur.com/a/Q7c8t

Any suggestions ?

Edited by spyfly

You are trying to deauth while channel hopping.  No workie.  Your command for airodump-ng is not locking onto a particular AP nor is it locking onto a channel.  If you want to deauth without airodump-ng running you will need to manually change your channel.

sudo iwconfig mon0 channel <channel of ap>

After that it should find it.  If you are using airodump-ng then put in the bssid of the AP so it can lock onto it or even add the "-c" option and the channel number to lock it to a channel the AP is on and then it will find it.  aireplay-ng does not have the ability to change its channel.  It uses whatever channel the interface is currently on.

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2018 at 2:00 AM, PoSHMagiC0de said:

You are trying to deauth while channel hopping.  No workie.  Your command for airodump-ng is not locking onto a particular AP nor is it locking onto a channel.  If you want to deauth without airodump-ng running you will need to manually change your channel.

After that it should find it.  If you are using airodump-ng then put in the bssid of the AP so it can lock onto it or even add the "-c" option and the channel number to lock it to a channel the AP is on and then it will find it.  aireplay-ng does not have the ability to change its channel.  It uses whatever channel the interface is currently on.

Now i can't use aireplay since now the channel and AP number is conflict now...i spent 3 hours how to fix it..but I don't find any solution

Now i can't use aireplay since now the channel and AP number is conflict now...i spent 3 hours how to fix it..but I don't find any solution