Upgrade killed open AP

infosecwriter

Tetra was working on version 1.1.2. Ran for 1 hour had many connections to the open network and PineAp. Upgraded firmware to 2.0.2 and now I can connect to the admin interface, but not the open interface.

I have reset the firmware several times as per https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq firmware recovery (2.0.2 version pops up) and I am still getting the same issue. When I connect to the open or PineAp APs, I get "authentication error occurred" or it just fails.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, infosecwriter said:

Thoughts?

In the firmware change log it says the default client filter setting on the filters page has been altered.There are quite some post about it already.

You can either set it to "deny" and add mac addresses you wish to deny access (if you add none will allow all - including devices you maybe don't own or have permission to test - illegal) or leave it as "allow" and add mac addresses you wish to allow access (more targeted - will help avoid accidental breaking of law)

Thank you...  That makes sense.  I thought I set the filter to deny when testing, but I must have been drinking because my screenshots have me set both to allow...  I had a slyxdexic moment.  I set both to deny and it is working well.  I'll set it back for the whitelist now I know it's working.

Archived